[SOLVED] RAID 0 With TRIM support in AMD X470 Chipset

mark520fay35

Reputable
Nov 10, 2018
The SSD TRIM command is entirely new, I've looked up some posts, but there is not much to be found.
Instead of using StoreMI (SSHD tech), I'd rather use dual 860 Evo on my set for better performance gains, but it probably doesn't support TRIM.
Does RAID decrease the reliability of SSD based systems in terms of wear and tear, and is it beneficial for me? (On a consumer level)

Solution
SSD still lose performance more rapidly with TRIM disabled. Couldn't say about lifespan. Unless you are doing a lot of writes and keep your SSD nearly full. You'll likely be replacing the system well before the SSD is burnt out.

How much storage do you need? Why not use a single large M.2 NVMe SSD? It'll be faster than and SATA SSD RAID 0.

Is this just for your data drive? There are some software RAID or RAID alternatives you could use which do support TRIM. Such as Storage Spaces.

FYI: I did RAID 0 on two budget junk Corsair SSD around 2009/2010. Used it as my OS and game drive for about three years. It still worked great when I replaced it with a single larger SSD. The SSD back then were nowhere near as robust as modern models. I...
SSD still lose performance more rapidly with TRIM disabled. Couldn't say about lifespan. Unless you are doing a lot of writes and keep your SSD nearly full. You'll likely be replacing the system well before the SSD is burnt out.

How much storage do you need? Why not use a single large M.2 NVMe SSD? It'll be faster than and SATA SSD RAID 0.

Is this just for your data drive? There are some software RAID or RAID alternatives you could use which do support TRIM. Such as Storage Spaces.

FYI: I did RAID 0 on two budget junk Corsair SSD around 2009/2010. Used it as my OS and game drive for about three years. It still worked great when I replaced it with a single larger SSD. The SSD back then were nowhere near as robust as modern models. I still have one of those old SSD stuffed in an old Macbook. The other went on for several years in another computer before kicking the bucket.

Last edited:
Solution