oooen1gmaooo

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
So currently I have a 320Gb HDD, and want to get another one to put into raid 0. My question is would I have to reinstall my OS, or is there a way that it can transfer half the data over to the new drive? I dont want to reinstall my OS because its OEM and I heard that w/ OEM that you can only install once (But I may be wrong on that).
My motherboard is the ASUS P7P55d3-Pro, and I am pretty sure it has a built in raid controller.

Solution
OEM as in HP/Dell etc, or OEM as in OEM vs retail copy of Windows. there are no restrictions for OEM copies of Windows. if its from a HP/Dell etc they can be a PITA. So long as you have the reflective holographic DVD with OEM license on it, your free to install as much as you want on your own built computer.

blackmancer

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
OEM as in HP/Dell etc, or OEM as in OEM vs retail copy of Windows. there are no restrictions for OEM copies of Windows. if its from a HP/Dell etc they can be a PITA. So long as you have the reflective holographic DVD with OEM license on it, your free to install as much as you want on your own built computer.

Solution