[SOLVED] Raid 1 corrupted after power failure

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 4, 2022
Was able to plug the drive in to my main PC today after opening it up, all the files read perfectly and I copied everything I needed! 😁
After that I put it back in to the old PC and tried seeing if windows recovery would even detect the OS, which it didn’t, probably since I had the bios set to RAID and not IDE mode.
Should I just wipe the drive and reinstall windows now, or is there a way to run an sfc scannow if the drive isn’t being booted from?
Either way it doesn’t really matter, I got all my files and as long as I don’t physically damage the drive I don’t really care what happens to it.
Was able to plug the drive in to my main PC today after opening it up, all the files read perfectly and I copied everything I needed! 😁
After that I put it back in to the old PC and tried seeing if windows recovery would even detect the OS, which it didn’t, probably since I had the bios set to RAID and not IDE mode.
Should I just wipe the drive and reinstall windows now, or is there a way to run an sfc scannow if the drive isn’t being booted from?
Either way it doesn’t really matter, I got all my files and as long as I don’t physically damage the drive I don’t really care what happens to it.
Plugged the disk in to a normal SATA port and not the one with the RAID controller, Windows recovery detected it and everything works now 👍
I’d like to thank all of you who helped me along the way!
Here’s some pics:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/892828517383942215/994045918515048490/IMG_9388.jpg

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Plugged the disk in to a normal SATA port and not the one with the RAID controller, Windows recovery detected it and everything works now 👍
I’d like to thank all of you who helped me along the way!
Assuming all your data is recovered, I would seriously consider a fresh, non-RAID OS install.
Then, institute a real backup routine.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS