Raid 1 with XP and IC7g

Hi All

Ive got an IC7 board, which says that there a
Silicon Image SiL 3112 SATARaid Controller installed.

I would like to utilise the Raid 1 functionality.
I know that i'll have to have two SATA drives, exactly the same. Is there
more to it?

Also I've got IDE drives at present, is it possible to install a single SATA
with an IDe, so that I can mirror the IDE onto the new SATA.

Thanks in advance

Gerry Abbott

Gerry Abbott wrote:
> Ive got an IC7 board, which says that there a
> Silicon Image SiL 3112 SATARaid Controller installed.
>
> I would like to utilise the Raid 1 functionality.
> I know that i'll have to have two SATA drives, exactly the same. Is
> there more to it?
>
> Also I've got IDE drives at present, is it possible to install a
> single SATA with an IDe, so that I can mirror the IDE onto the new
> SATA.
> Thanks in advance

IC7-G User Manual
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/manual.php?categories=1&model=4

E-3

--
<- Shenan ->

dl

If you mean copy ide hd to sata yes, ideally with a third party app or the
utility supplied with hd.
If you mean use ide and sata for the mirror no.

"Gerry Abbott" <please@ask.ie> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Ive got an IC7 board, which says that there a
> Silicon Image SiL 3112 SATARaid Controller installed.
>
> I would like to utilise the Raid 1 functionality.
> I know that i'll have to have two SATA drives, exactly the same. Is there
> more to it?
>
> Also I've got IDE drives at present, is it possible to install a single
SATA
> with an IDe, so that I can mirror the IDE onto the new SATA.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Gerry Abbott

TRENDING THREADS