Apr 20, 2021
I have the following Setup

x570 Aorus Master
5900X
G.Skill Trident Z 64 GB 3600 CL18
Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
Corsair iCUE 5000X
Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold

And I want to upgrade space in order to improve torrenting, I was checking and found that using RAID was a great idea to improve speeds a little bit.

Do you recommend any particlar RAID for this purpose?
Is there a better way?

If I have 72Tb on RAID 0 and one disk dies, do I loose everything?

I'm planing to buy 4 Seagate Exos X18 18TB for storage and seeding purposes, be aware that most but not all information is not critical as almost anything can be downloaded again, I just want fast read speeds and huge storage.

My plan is to download everything on SSD to use all my Internet speed and then complete downloads can be moved to HDD so Write speeds doesn't matter that much.

Also I was wondering if I could do that with my Board or if I need one of this: https://amzn .to/ 3KWh FV5 (And if that one is good enought)

Thank you all!

Solution
And I want to upgrade space in order to improve torrenting, I was checking and found that using RAID was a great idea to improve speeds a little bit.

No.

Your internet, LAN speed will be slower than a single HDD, so a RAID 0 gives you no benefit.
Further, anything you get via 'torrent' is even slower.

Yes.
Fail of one drive in a RAID 0 kills off ALL data across ALL drives.

USAFRet

Titan

No.

Your internet, LAN speed will be slower than a single HDD, so a RAID 0 gives you no benefit.

Yes.

Solution
Apr 20, 2021
No.

Yes.
One question, when I seed from an SSD I can get speeds up to 70Mb/s
But using the HDD it can't get over like 14Mb/s

I have uploaded directly to AWS services to test the speed and HDDs are way slower than the advertised speed, I have an old barracuda 4Tb so RAID won't give me benefit at all? Just better keep the 4 disks alone and mantain everything organized?

USAFRet

Titan
One question, when I seed from an SSD I can get speeds up to 70Mb/s
But using the HDD it can't get over like 14Mb/s

I have uploaded directly to AWS services to test the speed and HDDs are way slower than the advertised speed, I have an old barracuda 4Tb so RAID won't give me benefit at all? Just better keep the 4 disks alone and mantain everything organized?
Just leave the RAID 0 concept alone, and organize appropriately.

If you DO want to go down the RAID 0 world...you need a full 100% backup of all data, updated daily.