Question RAID CARD SSD7101A-1 on DELL R730 can't Boot

Oct 14, 2019
Our company is using the SSD7101A card, which has four Samsung 970 NVME 512G SSDs.

Then the card is inserted into the PCI-E3.0 slot in the host of the PC (Dell R730), but when it is turned on,

Some messages showing PCI-E Error will appear, and the error message screen will appear as an attachment. https://screenshot.net/tw/v295xuj

Excuse me, what can I do to solve this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2019
Scroll down to the "Features list" on the following page:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/hig...-x16-raid0-1-5-10-controller-up-to-25000-mb-s

You will see that it states:

"Storage Mode: Data Storage only (non-bootable)"
First of all, thank you for your answer, I understand that this device can not be used as a boot, the R730 boot system is placed in another storage space
What I want to ask is, on the normal R730, because this card is added, it will cause the above picture to fail to boot. Is there a way to make this card work properly and boot successfully?
Thank you again for your reply!

Oh, I see, you are not actually trying to boot from it, but with the card installed your PC won't boot from the existing boot drive.

I have to confess I do not understand the UEFI0066 error message, it's one I've never seen before.

The only other possible cause I can think of is OS compatibility since in the "Features" list I directed you to earlier also states:

"Operating System Support: Windows 10 64-bit"

That may or may not be relevant so please wait for further replies from other helpers more knowledgeable than me.

Last edited:
Reactions: alston wan
Oct 14, 2019
Oh, I see, you are not actually trying to boot from it, but with the card installed your PC won't boot from the existing boot drive.

I have to confess I do not understand the UEFI0066 error message, it's one I've never seen before.

The only other possible cause I can think of is OS compatibility since in the "Features" list I directed you to earlier also states:

"Operating System Support: Windows 10 64-bit"

That may or may not be relevant so please wait for further replies from other helpers more knowledgeable than me.

Yes, thank you for your reply anyway, we will wait for the experts with relevant experience to answer