npolite

Distinguished
May 26, 2007
Hi,

I'm building a new rig for my sister and wanted to set her up with a raid setup. I ordered an MSI G31TM-P21 board thinking I wouldn't have a problem with using Windows 7 software raid. I had been using it for a while on another setup but I only had a 100 GB mirror. On occasion when I blue screened it would spend about 1/2 to resync. The problem is on this setup I have a 500 GB mirror and it takes 2 hrs to sync. Is there anything out there that I can purchase at a relatively cheap price such as a Rosewill raid card for $20 that I can JBOD a raid 1 setup, or should I be looking for a new board with JBOD? I would like to avoid the MB if possible but if it is at a cost to data loss then I would shell out the money for the MB.

Thanks

npolite

Distinguished
May 26, 2007
Looking at the board I think I'm in a bit of a mess. I don't have a PCI Express x1 slot. Does anyone know of any cheap motherboards that support Raid 1 and will take an Intel E5400 processor?

I have two Seagate 7200.12 750GB drives. Will the PCI card work since I am maxing out at 118MB/sec?