Question RAID setup

mark.potocnik555

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
Hello,
I have just set up my PC, and I am booting it for the first time. Once I booted it up, I pressed Ctrl+I as it said on the screen. Then the computer demanded me to set up RAID drives (Since I have two drives in my computet, an SSD and an HDD). Do I have to setup RAID or is it possible to do something else? I am running a DELL PC, by the way.
Image of the situation:
https://ibb.co/HzZp4Wm

mark.potocnik555

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
Make and model for your Dell PC? An SKU will help two fold. If this is a brand new build, why did you press Ctrl+I? You should be going straight to the OS's GUI, provided you have the OS installed on the SSD.
DELL PRECISION
TOWER 5810
I have the OS on the SSD, yes. But, I had to press Ctrl-I because if I didnt, the screen will show up a DELL logo and the circling balls and then the screen will go black, and the monitor would say "Out of range". And yes, it is a brand new build. I am asking myself the same thing why it isnt taking me to the OS GUI.

looks like a bad video card. after the dell logo and circling balls it should be loading to windows, at that point it looking to load video drivers and thats where your having issues. Try throwing in a cheep card or using the onboard if it has it, you might be able to let it sit for a few min and remote desktop to it if you set that up.

TRENDING THREADS