I have a Seagate SATA disk with Windows XP pro installed, I bought a second
drive with the intent of setting up a RAID 1. I went into the bios and
enabled RAID, then went into ctrl I and set the RAID to 1, When rebooting
the machine started to load XP and went into an endless loop. I tried
restoring my image from Ghost 9 but that doesn't work either, it can't boot.

What am I doing wrong, I tried a clean install with Windows XP and it can't
boot either, the bios doesn't see the drives but ctrl I does and it set the
RAID.

Thanks for any suggestions, I am restoring to a non RAID now.

Thanks

It is a P4C800-E Deluxe board...

"John McCoy" <johnm160@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Seagate SATA disk with Windows XP pro installed, I bought a second
>drive with the intent of setting up a RAID 1. I went into the bios and
>enabled RAID, then went into ctrl I and set the RAID to 1, When rebooting
>the machine started to load XP and went into an endless loop. I tried
>restoring my image from Ghost 9 but that doesn't work either, it can't
>boot.
>
> What am I doing wrong, I tried a clean install with Windows XP and it
> can't boot either, the bios doesn't see the drives but ctrl I does and it
> set the RAID.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions, I am restoring to a non RAID now.
>
> Thanks

Hello John,
first things first,
make sure you flash the bios to the latest 1019. it works perfect for the
intel raid controller.
it sounds like uou have the controller set right so the next thing you have
to do is download the latest intel ap accelerater for raid controller.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/filter_results.asp?strOSs=44&strTypes=DRV%2CUTL&ProductID=1809&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional&submit=Go%21

from the download extract it and follow directions to extract the floppy
drivers for the controller.
( i know they have the floppy download but the drivers in it are older. also
even though you do not have matrix chipset this software is for the chipset
you have.)

during the xp setup screen you will briefly see press f6 to load additional
drivers you have to press f6 after a few min it will ask you for the disk.
insert the floppy. you will get a list of controllers choose the intel
82801ER

this is needed because xp can't identify the controller during setup so it
reboots to try and figure it out.

i just never had luck trying to use ghost with the raid but maybe the othe
person who suggested it could elaborate.

this will get you loading a fresh os.
if you need to just shoot me a email and i could zip up the floppy files you
need and send them to you.

> It is a P4C800-E Deluxe board...
>
> "John McCoy" <johnm160@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a Seagate SATA disk with Windows XP pro installed, I bought a
>>second drive with the intent of setting up a RAID 1. I went into the bios
>>and enabled RAID, then went into ctrl I and set the RAID to 1, When
>>rebooting the machine started to load XP and went into an endless loop. I
>>tried restoring my image from Ghost 9 but that doesn't work either, it
>>can't boot.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong, I tried a clean install with Windows XP and it
>> can't boot either, the bios doesn't see the drives but ctrl I does and it
>> set the RAID.
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestions, I am restoring to a non RAID now.
>>
>> Thanks

Not to go off subject but the latest drivers and install order for you.

1. intel inf installer -
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?agr=N&ProductID=816&DwnldID=7948

2. intel applicatin accelerato raid edition ( same as you downloaded below )

3. intel network adapter software and drivers -
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?agr=Y&ProductID=838&DwnldID=4275

4. audio chipset if you are using the onboard audio -
http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=PC-DL%20Deluxe&Type=All
download the 5 individual zip files and extract. this is the only
complete version 3630 drivers on asus site that works for the ad1985 audio
on the
motherboard. there was a version 3717 released but asus never updated
the package to include the p4c800e motherboard in the inf of the drivers.
again don't worry it is not your motherboard you just need the audio
driver files.

If i think of anything else i will post back for you.
In case you are wondering i am a system builder tech and i have had my set
up since the p4c800e deluxe was released.
with the directions above i have a very stable no gpf system so i will help
you if i can. try to post to the same thread
instead of starting a new thread because i may not see other questios you
have if you start a new thread each time.

"Joseph Lee Jennings" <No_Spam_4_jjenni@ptd.net> wrote in message
> Hello John,
> first things first,
> make sure you flash the bios to the latest 1019. it works perfect for the
> intel raid controller.
> it sounds like uou have the controller set right so the next thing you
> have to do is download the latest intel ap accelerater for raid
> controller.
>
> http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/filter_results.asp?strOSs=44&strTypes=DRV%2CUTL&ProductID=1809&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional&submit=Go%21
>
> from the download extract it and follow directions to extract the floppy
> drivers for the controller.
> ( i know they have the floppy download but the drivers in it are older.
> also even though you do not have matrix chipset this software is for the
> chipset you have.)
>
> during the xp setup screen you will briefly see press f6 to load
> additional drivers you have to press f6 after a few min it will ask you
> for the disk.
> insert the floppy. you will get a list of controllers choose the intel
> 82801ER
>
> this is needed because xp can't identify the controller during setup so it
> reboots to try and figure it out.
>
> i just never had luck trying to use ghost with the raid but maybe the othe
> person who suggested it could elaborate.
>
> this will get you loading a fresh os.
> if you need to just shoot me a email and i could zip up the floppy files
> you need and send them to you.
>
> "John McCoy" <johnm160@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> It is a P4C800-E Deluxe board...
>>
>> "John McCoy" <johnm160@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a Seagate SATA disk with Windows XP pro installed, I bought a
>>>second drive with the intent of setting up a RAID 1. I went into the
>>>bios and enabled RAID, then went into ctrl I and set the RAID to 1, When
>>>rebooting the machine started to load XP and went into an endless loop. I
>>>tried restoring my image from Ghost 9 but that doesn't work either, it
>>>can't boot.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong, I tried a clean install with Windows XP and it
>>> can't boot either, the bios doesn't see the drives but ctrl I does and
>>> it set the RAID.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any suggestions, I am restoring to a non RAID now.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Thanks, That driver is the answer, install is finally working. I tried that
but grabbed the wrong driver.I ghosted so I will reinstall clean, install
the apps and restore the data from my image.

Thank you very much.