RAID5 disappears, unallocated space

whathuhdc

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
Hi - I recently set up a RAID5 with three 3TB Seagates (ST3000DM001). Everything was working fine, with about 3.5TB free of the nearly 6TB available. Just now I was sitting at my computer and suddenly my drive disappeared. There was no error that I saw, it just dropped off. I restarted the computer and it's still gone. I Right Clicked Computer -> Manage and noticed the space now says Unallocated. I'm in the process of using iRecover 6.1 to see if any of the files are recoverable, but does anyone have ANY idea what would cause this? RaidXpert says the drives are fine - none of them failed. So why would it have suddenly become unallocated? I'm suddenly more wary of having a RAID5 than individual disks because I've only had this for two weeks.

Specs
-------------------
ASUS 890FX motherboard
Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit
16GB RAM
AMD 1090T 6-Core
3 x 3TB Seagates (ST3000DM001) (not boot drive)

Any help on avoiding this in the future would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure there's a ton of RAID monitoring software out there, and I'd be open to suggestions. Thanks ;]

-Adam

whathuhdc

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012

Evidently the partition had been deleted. I have no idea how it happened, but within 1 hour EaseUS Server recovered the deleted partition. Ugh - what a nightmare =/

TRENDING THREADS