[SOLVED] Raidmax PSU Troubleshooting

Nov 7, 2018
Hi all, I appreciate any feedback in advance. My power supply came with a 5 pin cable for sata power. The PSU is the Raidmax Vampire 1000W. Am I just very oblivious or is this a mistake? The only options on the power supply are the 8 pin slots(2 rows of 4) but the cord is 5 across... did they send me the wrong cord?

Solution
You might want to return that PSU and get something more, erm, reliable. RAIDMAX isn't a brand I'd like to have near any of my components. The images also don't add up with your mentioning of getting a connector that is 5 across. All connectors from the images(on Google) are of Molex branded connectors(not the 4 pin kind, rather the ones that are 2x4).

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to return that PSU and get something more, erm, reliable. RAIDMAX isn't a brand I'd like to have near any of my components. The images also don't add up with your mentioning of getting a connector that is 5 across. All connectors from the images(on Google) are of Molex branded connectors(not the 4 pin kind, rather the ones that are 2x4).

Solution