Question Rainbow Six FPS?

Jul 11, 2019
Hey guys I've recently been playing rainbow and only get around 80-90 fps although I have create hardware any help? I've tried to look up videos and forums but none of it has worked.

SPECS:

• i7-9700k
  • RTX 2070 AMP XTREME
  • 16GB 3600MHZ
  • 850W PSU
  • ASUS MAXIMUS HERO XI MOTHERBOARD

Jul 11, 2019
Hi @Robert Gendron!

1) What monitor do you have?

2) What temps do you have while playing?

3) Are you able to submit a screenshot of your task manager while playing Rainbow?

Regardless to the questions above, I would just recommend you to check your Vsync config in the game and try to lock your game at around 60 fps. Depending on your monitor you will hardly (probably wont) notice any difference between 50 fps to 70-80 fps. I would recommend you to lock your game to 60 fps to avoid stutter in crucial moments in your matches, specially in ranked matches.

Jul 11, 2019
Hi @Robert Gendron!

1) What monitor do you have?

2) What temps do you have while playing?

3) Are you able to submit a screenshot of your task manager while playing Rainbow?

Regardless to the questions above, I would just recommend you to check your Vsync config in the game and try to lock your game at around 60 fps. Depending on your monitor you will hardly (probably wont) notice any difference between 50 fps to 70-80 fps. I would recommend you to lock your game to 60 fps to avoid stutter in crucial moments in your matches, specially in ranked matches.
Sure thing! I have a ASUS VG248QZ 24” Gaming Monitor 144Hz Full HD 1080p 1ms and I don't ever stutter while playing. I just think with my specs I would hit atleast 144. (I get around 60-90)
Another thing I would like to point out is that my friends have lower specs and they reach in the 100s with max setting, so im kinda confused.

My temps for my cpu are around 50 and my GPU is around 60.

Jul 11, 2019
Sure thing! I have a ASUS VG248QZ 24” Gaming Monitor 144Hz Full HD 1080p 1ms and I don't ever stutter while playing. I just think with my specs I would hit atleast 144. (I get around 60-90)
Another thing I would like to point out is that my friends have lower specs and they reach in the 100s with max setting, so im kinda confused.

My temps for my cpu are around 50 and my GPU is around 60.
Your temps look great!

What kind of drive is your game installed on?
What monitor does your friend have?
What resolution is he running the game at?
What are his/her specs?

Jul 11, 2019
I currently have a Samsung SSD 500GB. My buddy has a 60hz monitor and hes running at 1080p. Hes running 16GB RAM, RTX 2070 and a Ryzen 2nd generation cpu I believe.

A lot of people have told me I need to change setting in files to make my fps go up, apparently a update messed it up.

Jul 11, 2019
DO NOT tamper or modify game files unless you are 110% sure you know what you are doing, BattleEye services may flag your account if you mess up.

I see. All that seems fine. Maybe try to disable windows game bar and checking if your power management is set as "balanced" o " high performance". I've heard people say changing the power management to "balanced" helps.

Another factor could be AA. Here's an article about that:
https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege-graphics-and-performance-guide

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS