Question Rainbow Six Siege crashes during game

Jan 28, 2021
So recently I've been having an issue with Rainbow Six Siege on PC. I've been crashing during games at seemingly random times. What happens is my screen completely freezes, I still hear audio, and it closes without a crash screen. Odd detail is that discord on my side monitor reloads, not sure if that's helpful or not. I have tried almost everything on the internet, from reinstalling five times, to verifying countless times, giving admin permission / no fullscreen optimizations, practically everything I could find, and none have worked. But when I changed display mode from borderless no normal fullscreen, it changed the type of crash. Before changing that the game would just close. I haven't tried anything hardware affecting like going into BIOS. Also it's only this game, everything else runs great. SPECS:
i5-9400F
GTX 1660
16gb 3600mhz cl18
Game is on an SSD, used to have it on hard drive and it wasn't crashing then but I doubt this is the issue. My last resort would be to reinstall to my HDD.
Anyone have any suggestions?

rgd1101

Don't
still using the old psu?

Jan 28, 2021
still using the old psu?
no, replaced it shortly after that post with an nzxt c750 80+ gold. all ran well after that, this started happening recently.