Question Rainbow Six Siege struggling to run with an i3 8100

Feb 25, 2020
Hey guys,

I have recently been trying to play siege on my pc but the problem is that I get massive frame drops and studders when using mouse and keyboard, but as soon as I hook up a controller it runs just like it should. When using mouse and keyboard I get massive drops and studders, when I do simple commands such as a shoot or move it could take seconds for the computer to pick this us and do it. Could anyone help me with this? I currently have an i3 8100 and a 1060 6gb gtx graphics card. Thank you to anyone that can help with this problem

try using a different keyboard and mouse

try different USB ports

install the latest BIOS for your motherboard

install the latest drivers for your motherboard´s chipset (Intel chipset inf)

to have a look what the problem could be:
run userbenchmark.com and post the link of your result

Hey guys,

I have recently been trying to play siege on my pc but the problem is that I get massive frame drops and studders when using mouse and keyboard, but as soon as I hook up a controller it runs just like it should. When using mouse and keyboard I get massive drops and studders, when I do simple commands such as a shoot or move it could take seconds for the computer to pick this us and do it. Could anyone help me with this? I currently have an i3 8100 and a 1060 6gb gtx graphics card. Thank you to anyone that can help with this problem

I had the very same problem as you and it is due to a cpu glitch. To resolve this, go into settings and enable raw mouse input

Feb 25, 2020
Hey, Thank you for your response

I tried using another mouse and keyboard that there was a noticeable change, still not all the way to its full potential but definitely an improvement

This is the description that benchmark game me
PC StatusOverall this PC is performing below expectations (25th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 75 performed better. The overall PC percentile is the average of each of its individual components. Use the charts in the benchmark sections of this report to identify problem areas.
ProcessorWith a good single core score, this CPU can easily handle the majority of general computing tasks. Despite its good single core score this processor isn't appropriate for workstation use due to its relatively weak multi-core performance. Finally, with a gaming score of 60.3%, this CPU's suitability for 3D gaming is good.
Graphics47.2% is a reasonable 3D score (RTX 2060S = 100%). This GPU can handle the majority of recent games but it will struggle with resolutions greater than 1080p at ultra detail levels. (Note: general computing tasks don't require 3D graphics)
Boot Drive36% is low SSD score. With a better SSD this system will boot faster, make applications more responsive and reduce IO wait times.
Memory16GB is enough RAM to run any version of Windows and it's more than sufficient for nearly all games. 16GB also allows for very large file and system caches, software development and batch photo editing/processing.
OS VersionWindows 10 is the most recent version of Windows, and the best to date in our opinion.
As I am new to the whole pc building and understanding I am not sure what this all means and how to fix it.

Thank you for your time and effort