Rainbow Six/Zone files...

Zinger

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002

Website being used: www.zone.com

So I go to this website, I have Rainbow Six on a fresh install and MSN
Gaming Zone re-installed as well. I sign in through passport and I click
CD-ROM, Rainbow Six, then the problem comes. This is what the website is
telling me,

Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
Follow the instructions below. If you still have difficulties, click here to
try to install again.
Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
Click here for more help.

Please Note:

Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog
box.
Click INSTALL to accept the ActiveX control.

If you do not see the dialog window above, click on the yellow bar near the
top of your browser, and then click Install ActiveX Control.

I dont see this yellow task bar underneitht he URL where I'm supposed to be
able to click it and hit install. I tried playing around with the settings
for activex stuff in the internet explorer options.

I can't figure it out, I want to play, but I can't install this '1' file.
Someone please help.

I can take screenshots if you really need to see the website.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Zinger,

There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.

The Zone newsgroup is listed on the left side of this "Community
Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us

However, while you're here... ;-)
To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:

Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html

Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html

Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
"Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html

Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html

Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :)

MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm

Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Zinger" <Zinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:763AFC64-F715-44C9-A0F0-AF730623444C@microsoft.com...
| Website being used: www.zone.com
|
| So I go to this website, I have Rainbow Six on a fresh install and MSN
| Gaming Zone re-installed as well. I sign in through passport and I click
| CD-ROM, Rainbow Six, then the problem comes. This is what the website is
| telling me,
|
| Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
| Follow the instructions below. If you still have difficulties, click here to
| try to install again.
| Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
| Click here for more help.
|
| Please Note:
|
| Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog
| box.
| Click INSTALL to accept the ActiveX control.
|
| If you do not see the dialog window above, click on the yellow bar near the
| top of your browser, and then click Install ActiveX Control.
|
| I dont see this yellow task bar underneitht he URL where I'm supposed to be
| able to click it and hit install. I tried playing around with the settings
| for activex stuff in the internet explorer options.
|
| I can't figure it out, I want to play, but I can't install this '1' file.
| Someone please help.
|
| I can take screenshots if you really need to see the website.
|
| Thanks in advance.

Zinger

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002

I've tried all of those pages that relate to my problem and I just retried
them now. Unfortunatly (for me), I still can't get in. It's not only in the
Rainbow Six area, but for any CD-ROM required game I get the same error.

I was wondering if maybe we could pick a time that is convenient for each
other and maybe try Remote Assistance, since you are the pro here you would
probably be able to fix it a lot easier.

If not, do you have any other suggestions on how to fix this problem? Or
need any more information? I'm Windows XP SP2, btw.

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Zinger,
>
> There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.
>
> The Zone newsgroup is listed on the left side of this "Community
> Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
> http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us
>
> However, while you're here... ;-)
> To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:
>
> Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
> Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html
>
> Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html
>
> Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
> "Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html
>
> Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
> Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html
>
> Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
> Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html
>
> Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :)
>
> MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
> at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm
>
> Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com
>
> I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :)
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>

> "Zinger" <Zinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:763AFC64-F715-44C9-A0F0-AF730623444C@microsoft.com...
> | Website being used: www.zone.com
> |
> | So I go to this website, I have Rainbow Six on a fresh install and MSN
> | Gaming Zone re-installed as well. I sign in through passport and I click
> | CD-ROM, Rainbow Six, then the problem comes. This is what the website is
> | telling me,
> |
> | Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
> | Follow the instructions below. If you still have difficulties, click here to
> | try to install again.
> | Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
> | Click here for more help.
> |
> | Please Note:
> |
> | Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog
> | box.
> | Click INSTALL to accept the ActiveX control.
> |
> | If you do not see the dialog window above, click on the yellow bar near the
> | top of your browser, and then click Install ActiveX Control.
> |
> | I dont see this yellow task bar underneitht he URL where I'm supposed to be
> | able to click it and hit install. I tried playing around with the settings
> | for activex stuff in the internet explorer options.
> |
> | I can't figure it out, I want to play, but I can't install this '1' file.
> | Someone please help.
> |
> | I can take screenshots if you really need to see the website.
> |
> | Thanks in advance.

Hi Zinger,

It's not a Windows XP issue, but rather a Zone.com issue,
therefore I'm glad you post this problem on their newsgroup.

I'm sure they will be able to help you access that Zone lobby.

--

"Zinger" <Zinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B6FD6CB-368A-42B0-AC4A-2284C9A17300@microsoft.com...
| I've tried all of those pages that relate to my problem and I just retried
| them now. Unfortunatly (for me), I still can't get in. It's not only in the
| Rainbow Six area, but for any CD-ROM required game I get the same error.
|
| I was wondering if maybe we could pick a time that is convenient for each
| other and maybe try Remote Assistance, since you are the pro here you would
| probably be able to fix it a lot easier.
|
| If not, do you have any other suggestions on how to fix this problem? Or
| need any more information? I'm Windows XP SP2, btw.
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Zinger,
| >
| > There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.
| >
| > The Zone newsgroup is listed on the left side of this "Community
| > Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
| > http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us
| >
| > However, while you're here... ;-)
| > To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:
| >
| > Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
| > Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html
| >
| > Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html
| >
| > Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
| > "Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html
| >
| > Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
| > Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html
| >
| > Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
| > Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html
| >
| > Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :)
| >
| > MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
| > at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm
| >
| > Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com
| >
| > I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :)
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >

| > "Zinger" <Zinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:763AFC64-F715-44C9-A0F0-AF730623444C@microsoft.com...
| > | Website being used: www.zone.com
| > |
| > | So I go to this website, I have Rainbow Six on a fresh install and MSN
| > | Gaming Zone re-installed as well. I sign in through passport and I click
| > | CD-ROM, Rainbow Six, then the problem comes. This is what the website is
| > | telling me,
| > |
| > | Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
| > | Follow the instructions below. If you still have difficulties, click here to
| > | try to install again.
| > | Sorry, we were unable to install your game.
| > | Click here for more help.
| > |
| > | Please Note:
| > |
| > | Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog
| > | box.
| > | Click INSTALL to accept the ActiveX control.
| > |
| > | If you do not see the dialog window above, click on the yellow bar near the
| > | top of your browser, and then click Install ActiveX Control.
| > |
| > | I dont see this yellow task bar underneitht he URL where I'm supposed to be
| > | able to click it and hit install. I tried playing around with the settings
| > | for activex stuff in the internet explorer options.
| > |
| > | I can't figure it out, I want to play, but I can't install this '1' file.
| > | Someone please help.
| > |
| > | I can take screenshots if you really need to see the website.
| > |
| > | Thanks in advance.
| > |
| > |

Zinger

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002

So I'm guessing a Zone.com representative will post and be able to fix this
issue?

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> [...]
> | >
> | > Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
> | > Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html
> | >
> | > Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :)
> | >
> | > MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
> | > at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm
> | >
> | > Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com
> | >
> | > I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :)
> | >
> | > --
> | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> | >
> | > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
> | > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
> | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

Yes, a Zone volunteer will help you. :)

Cheers,
Jimmy.

"Zinger" <Zinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:994FCF7E-D157-4757-915A-4760A02FE3F3@microsoft.com...
| So I'm guessing a Zone.com representative will post and be able to fix this
| issue?
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Zinger,
| >
| > It's not a Windows XP issue, but rather a Zone.com issue,
| > therefore I'm glad you post this problem on their newsgroup.
| >
| > I'm sure they will be able to help you access that Zone lobby.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >
| > "Zinger" <Zinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B6FD6CB-368A-42B0-AC4A-2284C9A17300@microsoft.com...
| > | I've tried all of those pages that relate to my problem and I just retried
| > | them now. Unfortunatly (for me), I still can't get in. It's not only in the
| > | Rainbow Six area, but for any CD-ROM required game I get the same error.
| > |
| > | I was wondering if maybe we could pick a time that is convenient for each
| > | other and maybe try Remote Assistance, since you are the pro here you would
| > | probably be able to fix it a lot easier.
| > |
| > | If not, do you have any other suggestions on how to fix this problem? Or
| > | need any more information? I'm Windows XP SP2, btw.
| > |
| > | "Jimmy S." wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > | > |