[SOLVED] RAISECOM ISCOM 2100-EA-MA-WP Rev. B Layer 2 switch (Need Help)

Feb 24, 2020
Hi,

I need help regarding a switch with I have recently bought from a local seller, In a thought that an L2 switch will help me getting networking fast and secure I have purchased the above mentioned switch, everything seems to be fine but the problem I have is I am not able to used all the 8 Ethernet ports at the same time, only two ports are working and my two of the computers get network access and Internet access no matter whatever ports I use, but as soon I plug in the 3rd PC into any port it doesn't gets network access nor the internet connectivity, please help me with it, I have very little knowledge in networking, but hoping you will help me get the issue resolve.

Thanks,
Farhan Khan

Solution
A $20 8 port tplink unmanged switch will be able to pass 1gbit in and 1gbit out on every port all at the same time. It is impossible to get faster than that.

The switch you have if I read the manuals correctly has 8 10/100 ports not gigabit and only 2 run gigabit.
Feb 24, 2020
Is it this thing?
https://fccid.io/ANATEL/02909-12-08...A-WP/73529585-9C5D-4C59-BE39-F3210BBB6907/PDF

If you have very little knowledge in networking, why did you get a Layer 2 switch?

Let's pretend you haven't bought the switch yet. What do you need to achieve / what are you trying to do?

Yes that's exactly the switch I have, Only instead of Rev. A it is Rev B but mostly like both are same as per the manual and features.

A friend of mine told me to get it for better networking performance so mostly I made the decision on a friend's recommendation.

I have 5 to 6 computers at home in a room so wanted to connect them and my laptop to use them as for office purpose and even play multiplayer games, previously I was using wireless dongles on all Pcs' but file transfer was very slow b/w file sharing and games use to lag alot.

By using the switch's manual and configuration I have managed to make Vlan but the same issue getting of not being able to get network and internet access on all 8 ports at the same time, only two ports works no matter which ones I use at the same time.

I just want the switch to auto assign IP addresses through DHCP and all the ports work normally as the unmanaged switch work : (

I can access the switch using a console cable so can write you down any information if it is required to help you make me solve the issue.

These are some commands information I have taken:

Raisecom#show vlan
VLAN Name State Status Port Untag-Port Priority Create-Time
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Default active static 4-8,10 4-8,10 -- 0:0:34
2 Cluster Vlan active other 1-10 n/a -- 0:0:36
668 VLAN0668 active static 1-3,9,10 1-3,9 -- 0:0:45

Raisecom#show ip route
INET route table - vr: 0, table: 254
Destination Gateway Flags Use If Metric
0.0.0.0/0 10.144.2.1 UGS 0 et0 0
10.144.2.0/24 vxTarget UC 0 et0 0
vxTarget vxTarget UH 20 lo0 0
127.0.0.0/8 localhost UR 0 lo0 0
localhost localhost UH 16 lo0 0
INET6 route table - vr: 0, table: 254

Thanks,
Farhan Khan

A friend of mine told me to get it for better networking performance so mostly I made the decision on a friend's recommendation.

...all the ports work normally as the unmanaged switch work : (
And you didn't ask how this thing would be better? Your friend is an idiot by the way since a managed switch does nothing for networking performance (unless you are using advanced features--which you are not).

And if all you want is it to work like an unmanaged switch, go return it (or make your friend buy it so his network can have 'better performance') and go get a regular unmanaged switch and be done with the job. You don't need to be monkeying around with a managed switch for something this simple.

A $20 8 port tplink unmanged switch will be able to pass 1gbit in and 1gbit out on every port all at the same time. It is impossible to get faster than that.

The switch you have if I read the manuals correctly has 8 10/100 ports not gigabit and only 2 run gigabit.

Solution