Raising clock speed

Stuart_4

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
In my BIOS I have 2 clock speed settings for my CPU. 200 and 400. So I have 2 questions;
1) If 400 is twice as fast (or more), will it generate twice as much heat? (Or more?)
2) is there anything else I need to alter if I set the clock speed to 400?

Stuart_4

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

I'm sorry about delay: my MoBo is an Asus M2A-VM. The original not the newer one.
Original OS was Vista. Now using a self constructed, highly modified version of XP Pro (although I no longer use that machine online.
The machine is already EXTREMELY fast in part due to the driver package I created with help from Tom's Community and ASUS support.
BIOS is "stock" for XP and MoBo but I am using a Nvidia GT 220 if that matters at all. (Card clocks at 500 and 500).

Stuart_4

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
Btw, I have an eidact memory, no formal knowledge re computers and yet have built many extremely fast computers.
This using experimentation, including playing with BIOS and creating my own Ramdrive back in the Windows 3.1 days. And even hacking locked NEC Ready software CD after NEC stopped support.
I am extremely good at thinking outside the box but still need info from wonderful, knowledgeable folks like you all.