Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Rig:
Motherboard: gigabyte z97x gaming 5
Graphics: gigabyte gtx1080 oc 8gb
Processor: intel i7 4790k
12gb ram
Samsung ssd m.2 970pro

So my Internet provides says 200mbps download speed. When I run a speed test I get 195mbps so that's ok.
But when I download a game or anything I can only download at max 23.9mbps.
I'm using an utp 6a cable.
Is there a way to download faster?
Or is this the max I can get?
Thanks in advance

Solution
you're pretty much at max speed which is good. the info your missing is that your isp and speed test measure your speed in megabits per second (Mb/s). while your download is measured in megabytes per second (MB/s). 8 bits = 1 byte. so divide your 200 mb/s speed by 8 and you get a max speed of 25 MB/s download speed. you're pretty close to that so doing good :)

little bit of trickery by the isp to make your speed seem higher than it is and sadly nothing we can do about it except mentally divide by 8 to know true speed.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you're pretty much at max speed which is good. the info your missing is that your isp and speed test measure your speed in megabits per second (Mb/s). while your download is measured in megabytes per second (MB/s). 8 bits = 1 byte. so divide your 200 mb/s speed by 8 and you get a max speed of 25 MB/s download speed. you're pretty close to that so doing good :)

little bit of trickery by the isp to make your speed seem higher than it is and sadly nothing we can do about it except mentally divide by 8 to know true speed.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS