[SOLVED] Ram A1/B1 or A2/B2

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Hi, My motherboard is Gigabyte X570 UD, in the motherboard manual it says, for optimum Dual channel performance, the ram sticks has to be installed in A2/B2.
And why not A1/B1?, which is not mentioned?

Solution
its to do with how CPU is attached to the RAM lanes ,
I think Gigabyte use Daisy chain and those lanes are possibly faster than the other 2, even thought the chart above that statement also shows you can use A1 & B1 for 2 sticks, they may not run as fast.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think Gigabyte use Daisy chain and those lanes are possibly faster than the other 2, even thought the chart above that statement also shows you can use A1 & B1 for 2 sticks, they may not run as fast.

Last edited:
Solution

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020

Thanks a lot guys, i use a Corsair vengeance 3000MHZ 2x16 gb sticks, i used to get blue screen while playing Warzone sometimes, initially it was installed in A1/B1, now after referring, Motherboard, i have installed it in the A2/B2 slot. i hope this solves my problem. i even ran the windows diagnostics but it didnt find fault in my RAM.