[SOLVED] Ram addition

May 24, 2020
Ok so Im not a experienced Pc builder thats why I have a few questions , first of all this is my specs
CPU : AMD 5 ryzen 3600
SSD : 860 evo 1 tb
GPU : 1660 super (ASUS)
RAM : corsair 3200 2x8gb
MOBO : B450 max tomahawk
PSU: thermaltake 750 W bronze certified
So my question is , I currently have the 2x8 gb ram , can I just go ahead and buy the same 2x8gb corsair ram and add it to my Mobo with the open slots I have left so I can Have 32 gb ram ? or is it more complicated then that

Ok so Im not a experienced Pc builder thats why I have a few questions , first of all this is my specs
CPU : AMD 5 ryzen 3600
SSD : 860 evo 1 tb
GPU : 1660 super (ASUS)
RAM : corsair 3200 2x8gb
MOBO : B450 max tomahawk
PSU: thermaltake 750 W bronze certified
So my question is , I currently have the 2x8 gb ram , can I just go ahead and buy the same 2x8gb corsair ram and add it to my Mobo with the open slots I have left so I can Have 32 gb ram ? or is it more complicated then that
Yes you can. There is no guarantee it will work, but assuming it's the same brand, speed, and timings it probably will work.

You can do that and you'll be perfectly fine. The only thing is that you are compromising your ability to upgrade at a reasonable price down the road.

I have 32GB (4x8) because I like the look of it and I'm fine with 32 and I don't need 64.

Reactions: heyman1186
May 24, 2020
You can do that and you'll be perfectly fine. The only thing is that you are compromising your ability to upgrade at a reasonable price down the road.

I have 32GB (4x8) because I like the look of it and I'm fine with 32 and I don't need 64.
can you explain why Compromising my ability to upgrade im going from 16 to 32 , why does it affect a futur upgrade ?

May 24, 2020
If you occupy all 4 slots for a total of 32GB, then you cannot upgrade to 64 in the future without paying a nice penny to get new ram to replace the current ram. It goes along with not mixing unlike ram.
Oh I get it now , id have to buy rams again . thanks for the help man

Reactions: Mooons
May 24, 2020
hello every one so the ram arrived and everything works , but in my bios , Its written 2666mhz but I have 3200 is it normal ? but clearly I have 32gb ram

TRENDING THREADS