[SOLVED] RAM and case lights on, monitor no signal

Jun 3, 2020
I built a pc from scratch starting last night at 5-6. I finished building the pc at around 9-10 and went to sleep. I woke up this morning and turned the pc on and the only things that came on were the lights for the RAM, case and motherboard. Only my top fan was running. When I went to plug the hdmi cable into my monitor the monitor said “no signal.” I looked on several websites to try to fix this problem and nobody has the same problem. PLEASE help me, I have been troubleshooting for 7 hours today.

Last edited:
Solution
I fixed the issue where only one of my fans were working and now all of them are working, now i am having trouble where my monitor says “no signal detected” and goes black with a flashing light. If you have an email or social media i can send pictures to then tell me

My Specs:
Motherboard - Msi b450 tomohawk max
RAM - oloy warhawk rgb
CPU - AMD ryzen 3 (included cooler)
GPU - geforce gigabyte gtx 1650
Case - antex nx series nx400
Fans - LEDdess RGB led 120mm
SSD - SK hynix gold s31 500gb
Power Supply - thermaltake smart 600w

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
if only one fan is spinning, then either other fans aren't connected properly, or something else isn't plugged together properly.

can you tell us your hardware please?
Need make and model of each.

Motherboard
RAM
CPU (including if you have 3rd party cooler)
GPU
Case
Fans
Extra connectors of some kind for fans or other hardware
Storage
Power Supply

Jun 3, 2020
I fixed the issue where only one of my fans were working and now all of them are working, now i am having trouble where my monitor says “no signal detected” and goes black with a flashing light. If you have an email or social media i can send pictures to then tell me

My Specs:
Motherboard - Msi b450 tomohawk max
RAM - oloy warhawk rgb
CPU - AMD ryzen 3 (included cooler)
GPU - geforce gigabyte gtx 1650
Case - antex nx series nx400
Fans - LEDdess RGB led 120mm
SSD - SK hynix gold s31 500gb
Power Supply - thermaltake smart 600w

Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
ok.
so to clarify, you installed the cooler onto the CPU correctly I assume.
you didn't specify if the RAM you have is a dual channel kit, but with RGB I assume it is.

Make sure the RAM is in the correct slots for dual channel on your board.
Some boards it's A1+B1, and other's it's A2+B2. Refer to your motherboard manual.

Make sure you are plugging the video cable into the GPU and not the motherboard.

Double check the power connectors for motherboard, CPU, and GPU and that they are all there, and firmly plugged in.