RAM and CPU at high usage when idle plzzz help

hennesey

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
Hi

btw i have qualifications in it and cant solve this might be simple but dont be afraid to use technical mambo jumbo

anyway i have looked around alot and no other solutions have helped my situation yet but i have a

cpu: I7 3770
ram: 16 GB
ssd: 480 GB
hdd: 2x1TB
gpu: GTX 970

normally the cpu will run at like 10%usage and idk what frequency assumed not that high as it isnt an overclock able processor, maybe on idle
ram might run at like 8 gb usage MAX and idk how many hard faults/sec BUT
instead its been running at like
CPU 45% usage and then 110% frequency (this might mean something to someone)
RAM 85% used and 0 hard faults(might mean something but i have virtual ram enabled and a whole 5 gb because LOL (was not changed recently was done on upgrade to win 10 and problem started this week))

I have the paid for avast antivirus and it don't detect anything gard darnet(would have been too easy that's why)!! (probs not a virus)

there are also not any other apps that i can close down when i was monitoring some of this info and although one might presume that steam ECT might take up ram even if it was open it would not do any amount as close to this(it aint my programs doing this)

one solution i saw was to disable super fetch (tryed it didn't work)

BUT there is something else fishy that i recognized and that's that on task manager in win 10 there is a tab called users and it shows MY usage and right now with all my browser (for info) and resource tab to see if it derps out it shows im using about half of what the processor is doing and im using less than 900 mb of ram MEANING something in system wants to use some STUPID amount of ram for lols (this aint norm and idk what it means I hope one of you do)

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS OR WHAT IT WANTS IF ITS COMPUTER POWER I DONT HAVE ANYMORE TO SPARE NOW BUT WHAT I DO HAVE IS THE INTERNET AND THE INTERNETS IS A NIGHTMARE FOR PROBLEMS LIKE THESE WE WILL FIND OUT WHAT THIS ISSUE IS, WE WILL FIND THE CAUSE, WE WILL WILL SOLVE THE ISSUE (taken quote because inspiration) I believe in the power of the Internets

It is probably Windows 10. Microsoft has set up Win 10 in such a way that computers around the globe update other computers enabling them to install or run Win 10. This is done when your computer is idle. Somewhat like SETI - http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ (Folding may be similar, but I am not sure of that).

Once when I re-installed SETI I saw a very high level of background activity and my CPU temps shot up. I uninstalled it and things were back to normal.

This is why computers running Win 10 will see a lot of hard drive activity when idle. I don't know how to bypass this.