Question RAM at 100% and sound crackling issues.

Feb 16, 2019
Hi all, this is my first time using this forum, excuse me if i've posted in the wrong section or any problems whatosever.

I've been having an issue since long ago with this computer; i'll expand. When doing high-taxing tasks, such as using graphic editing software, the RAM goes up. This is normal as far as i can recall.

The issue is, when i'm doing other tasks, even if the task is very taxing, it jumps from, let's say 90%, to 100% and stays there for quite a bit. At that point, the pc sounds and images "crackle" and slow down, then after some seconds or minutes it comes down to normal. For example, when i play Defenders of the Ancients (also known as DotA), i've checked in the task manager the ram consumption is generally not more than 80%, but then it jumps to 100% and the issue establishes. This is very annoying as when i do important works and tasks. What's the source of this? I've also noticed the fan and heat goes up temporarily up when in this state.

Specs (taken out from program Speccy):

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 @ 2.40GHz 43 °
Skylake-U/Y 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 00C002 (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 520 (Dell)
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA MQ02ABF100 SCSI Disk Device (SATA )

D

Deleted member 14196

I hate to have to suggest this but a new and very clean install of windows should fix this if there isn’t any underlying hardware problems. Use Tom’s guides on installing windows 10 clean as a last resort to fix your problems but make sure you back up all your data first

Feb 16, 2019
A month ago i had a battery issue which i resolved by myself, but the issue was well before that. To note, i have other lower-range laptop which, when in high memory consumption, does not make these kind of noises or issues. Like other computers i've been in, it slow downs a little when at 100% RAM, but it's for program-related things rather than jumping straight out to there.