[SOLVED] RAM BOOTING ISSUE - Please help!

Jan 6, 2019
So i use a
Ryzen 5 with an Asus B350m.
My original ram was 2x4gb Ballistics and it worked fine.

I recently got 2x5gb Hyper X Fury ram and swapped them out.
Upon booting i pressed F1 to continue to setup then got into the Bios.

I then backed out and chose to quit without saving and now everytime i try to boot the PC with the new ram it does not boot.

[Update]
I swapped the ram out, booted the system then turned it off and put the new ram back in.
It booted up, i clicked f1 then save and exited and it booted the pc fine.

Now it wont turn on again.
In order to get the ram to work again i have to constantly swap with the old ram, boot it up and turn it off. Then swap in the new ram and boot it just to work.

It seems like they work once after replacing the old ones but then upon restarting the machine nothing happens.

It seems to also work when i modify the ram (like take one out or etc)

Solution
I figured you meant that. :)

Kingston recommends that you update to the latest bios if you haven't done so yet. HERE they suggest you run at XMP Profile #1: DDR4-2400 CL15-15-15 @1.2V. You may need to input those values manually before inserting the sticks while using one old stick to get into the bios.

While those sticks are not on the motherboard QVL, Kingston has a Ryzen compatibility list on this Ryzen overview that tells me they will guarantee compatibility and their support staff should step up if needed.

I've recently had similar issues with a number of sets that ultimately worked fine after bios updates, but took some work in the bios using an old stick to set the values then shutdown and swap...

RealBeast

Titan
Other than the obvious statement that there are no 5GB memory sticks (did you mean to type 8GB?), I would suggest that you clear the CMOS (bios) before booting with the new sticks.

Exactly what model HyperX Fury?

Jan 6, 2019

My bad i did mean 2x8 GB.
It was also this i purchased: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-HX424C15FB2-FURY-DDR4-Black/dp/B01D8U2BKA/

RealBeast

Titan
I figured you meant that. :)

Kingston recommends that you update to the latest bios if you haven't done so yet. HERE they suggest you run at XMP Profile #1: DDR4-2400 CL15-15-15 @1.2V. You may need to input those values manually before inserting the sticks while using one old stick to get into the bios.

While those sticks are not on the motherboard QVL, Kingston has a Ryzen compatibility list on this Ryzen overview that tells me they will guarantee compatibility and their support staff should step up if needed.

I've recently had similar issues with a number of sets that ultimately worked fine after bios updates, but took some work in the bios using an old stick to set the values then shutdown and swap to the new sticks, like mentioned above.

If all else fails, I would contact Kingston support as they will be much more helpful than ASUS on this issue.

Solution
Jan 6, 2019

Thank you for the update. I shall attempt it shortly! Much appreciated :)