[SOLVED] Ram bottleneck for 5950X and 3900 build?

strydez

Reputable
Aug 26, 2020
I got a rtx 3090 and a 5950x. I'm planning to reuse my old ram from my previous build. It's corsair vengence lpx 16gb 3200mhz. Will this cause a huge bottleneck in my system?

Should I be getting 4400mhz 16gb ram? Also should I be concerned about cas latency? Will this increase FPS of games by a ton to make the new ram worth it?

Last edited:
Solution
I got a rtx 3090 and a 5950x. I'm planning to reuse my old ram from my previous build. It's corsair vengence lpx 16gb 3200mhz. Will this cause a huge bottleneck in my system?

Should I be getting 4400mhz 16gb ram? Also should I be concerned about cas latency? Will this increase FPS of games by a ton to make the new ram worth it?
3200MHz is still fine for most applications, 3600MHz is still best buy, above those it's just a bonus that might or might not do any good to most applications.
"Will this increase FPS of games by a ton to make the new ram" certainly not, maybe some continuity in some cases but that's all. FPS hardly.

3200MHz is still fine for most applications, 3600MHz is still best buy, above those it's just a bonus that might or might not do any good to most applications.
"Will this increase FPS of games by a ton to make the new ram" certainly not, maybe some continuity in some cases but that's all. FPS hardly.

Solution