Question Ram brand

giorgos12

Prominent
Oct 11, 2019
Hello.
would you suggest
Patriot 8GB RAM DDR4 2400 (PSD48G240081)

Or
Memory Kingston 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL17 DIMM 1Rx8

I know.that a 4+4 kit would be better but the shop I will buy the ram doesn't have kit.

Hello.
would you suggest
Patriot 8GB RAM DDR4 2400 (PSD48G240081)

Or
Memory Kingston 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL17 DIMM 1Rx8

I know.that a 4+4 kit would be better but the shop I will buy the ram doesn't have kit.
What will this pc be used for and what cpu are you using? In a lot of cases you will loose significant performance with a single stick. If the shop cannot provide you with a basic but important option then buy from somewhere else. If they don’t stock kits then how much do they actually know about building a computer.

Reactions: giorgos12

giorgos12

Prominent
Oct 11, 2019
What will this pc be used for and what cpu are you using? In a lot of cases you will loose significant performance with a single stick. If the shop cannot provide you with a basic but important option then buy from somewhere else. If they don’t stock kits then how much do they actually know about building a computer.
I have Ryzen 3 1200.i need this pc for browsing ,office 365 and movies.

First of all, major brands are all ok with lifetime warranty.
But to correct some misconceptions.

a) ryzen is dual channel, there is no value with a 4 x 4 kit. Plus, a 4 x 4 kit will cost more than a 2 x 8gb kit

b) Ram must be matched.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.

c) do not buy a single stick. performance is better with dual channel.

d) Not all ram works with ryzen. Take the time to look at your motherboard ram QVL list and buy a kit that is known to be supported.
Or, go to the kingston/patriot... web site and see what ram kits are supported on your motherboard.