Question RAM broke the video output - permanently?

Oct 15, 2019
Ok so what happened is pretty complicated but I will try to explain it briefly:

I was building a PC with a friend, using parts I bought from a different friend.
We actually managed to boot it up, I've had a Kali Live USB so we ran it there for some time. I noticed that it only has shown 4 gigs of ram instead of 8 (2x4gb), and few minutes after noticing it, the PC just turned off. We got a boot failure message and entered the bios, where I noticed that both RAM Cards are detected but only one is "enabled"
8jYEzbe.jpg

I am terribly sorry for the quality of this picture, was done in a hurry and I noticed the quality of it when it was too late

We decided to switch slots and after that the PC would not boot at all. It turned on and fans were running however there was no beeper and video at the start. I took out the RAM and noticed that - i'm not sure how it's called, i'm gonna call it the RAM's contact - seemed broken/burnt, here's another low quality picture:
9heeifL.png

So my friend decided to take the other ram that was supposedly still working and inserted it into his computer, on a different channel. What happened is that video wasn't working (just like in my case - though we didn't know whether it booted because he had turned off the beeper before). However we did notice that there are still sounds coming from his PC and he could play music through Spotify Connect. In both of the cases - the changes are permanent until now. I tried messing with DIMMs and put the stick that broke my friend's computer into DIMM1 on my Mobo now. I've heard a beeper - but still no video which means that the OS boots but I'm with the same problem as my friend now.

We tried resetting BIOS/CMOS - i.e. taking out the battery for 6-8 minutes and connecting the cmos_reset pins.
We're quite unsure what went wrong and are totally confused.
Sorry if something seems chaotic here, I will try to clarify everything if you ask

Oct 15, 2019
Full hardware specifications including ALL model numbers?
FRIENDS PC
---
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4 GHz (BX80646I74790K)
MOBO: MSI Z97-G43
GPU: MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr 2GB GDDR5 256 bit (N770TF2GD5/OC)
RAM: 2x Kingston HyperX Black DDR3 8GB 1600 MHz CL9 (KHX16C9B1BK2/8)
POWER: Corsair RM650 650W (CP-9020054-WW)
HDD1: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM 64MB (WD10EZEX)
HDD2: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 6Gbps (MZ7TE120HMGR)
===

PC I WAS BUILDING
---
CPU: AMD ATHLON X4 845
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE 210 (in lspci it showed gt218, I don't know anything more because im using it only temporarily)
PSU: Tagan TG500-U33 500W
MOBO: GA-F2A68HM-S1

THE FAULTY RAM: Corsair XMS3 1600MHz 2x4GB DDR3 (CMX8GX3M2B1600C9)

I can get you a more detailed info about my pc tomorrow since I dont have access to it now