RAM caused system restart

Himanshu Rawat

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
Today when I started my pc it started restarting again and again but then I pull out my 2RAM and put it back again then my pc ran perfecrly is there any problem with my ram .is it faulty?

Solution
Possibly, Faulty RAM often causes these kinds of issues.
What you did was the right thing to do and you did what was called Re-Seating the RAM (Unplug and plug back in).
If it still works perfectly I doubt your RAM is faulty it could just be because it was slightly loose or something like that.
Check over the next few days to see if any issues arise. If you do have issues I can almost guarantee it's the RAM and it is pretty cheap to replace so I would not worry about it.
So overall I doubt your RAM is faulty but check over the next few days to see if you have any issues.
Regards, Kliqx

Kliqx

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
Possibly, Faulty RAM often causes these kinds of issues.
What you did was the right thing to do and you did what was called Re-Seating the RAM (Unplug and plug back in).
If it still works perfectly I doubt your RAM is faulty it could just be because it was slightly loose or something like that.
Check over the next few days to see if any issues arise. If you do have issues I can almost guarantee it's the RAM and it is pretty cheap to replace so I would not worry about it.
So overall I doubt your RAM is faulty but check over the next few days to see if you have any issues.
Regards, Kliqx

Solution

Himanshu Rawat

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014

when i checked on CPU-Z (memory)
DRAM frequency was 666.5 MHz,NB frequency was 799.8
is my RAM speed ok