Question RAM causing crashes/BSOD

Jan 16, 2023
When running my 3600mhz ram at its rated speed it was causing crashes, so I dropped it down to 3200mhz and it is still crashing however everything is telling me my specs should be compatible to run fine.
I have:
Ryzen 7 3800x
ASRock b550M Pro4
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 DDR4

Any suggestions?
Thank you

toooooot

Prominent
Aug 2, 2022
Here is a short story that might help you. I assembled a pc with 13700k and 32Gb ram.
It never crashed until I added a GPU and attempted a small undervolt. I Started having crashes after.
Make sure you dont have anything else you overclocked or undervolted first before blaming your ram. I havent had a ram that was causing crashes in years. And I built plenty of PCs.
Memtest should tell you if ram is bad.
And latest bios could solve ram compatibility issues.
Last of all, see if your motherboard has this ram on the supported list.
If not, and if nothing else worked, maybe replace it for ocmpatible model.

Jan 16, 2023
Here is a short story that might help you. I assembled a pc with 13700k and 32Gb ram.
It never crashed until I added a GPU and attempted a small undervolt. I Started having crashes after.
Make sure you dont have anything else you overclocked or undervolted first before blaming your ram. I havent had a ram that was causing crashes in years. And I built plenty of PCs.
Memtest should tell you if ram is bad.
And latest bios could solve ram compatibility issues.
Last of all, see if your motherboard has this ram on the supported list.
If not, and if nothing else worked, maybe replace it for ocmpatible model.

See the thing is when I disable xmp I have no issues, and I only just upgraded my RAM a few months ago and that is when the crashing started occurring. I paid for someone else to build my pc so im not 100% sure on the other parts.

My motherboard is compatible and my cpu is compatible also thats why im a little confused

toooooot

Prominent
Aug 2, 2022
See the thing is when I disable xmp I have no issues, and I only just upgraded my RAM a few months ago and that is when the crashing started occurring. I paid for someone else to build my pc so im not 100% sure on the other parts.

My motherboard is compatible and my cpu is compatible also thats why im a little confused

Pull out one stick of ram and check model number. Then on the motherboard's page check if it is supported.
Also, since you mentioned someone else built it for you, you can also check in bios if they applied any overclocking profiles. For example, max performance, gamer, silent etc. It is the same as overclocking, only using prebuilt profiles. Just to be clear, these profiles are not the same as XMP. These profiles overclock CPU.

Did you add a 2 stick kit to your existing ram or replace the original with a 4 stick package.
Mixing ram, even of the same brand and model can cause problems.
Check the mixed ram, odd man out section.

TRENDING THREADS