Question RAM causing low fps?

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
I don't see the problem with 2400mhz ram. Is your ram failing? Run memtest86 and let it complete it's test. It will take some hours.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83LweZzxnf0
cool tutorial :)
Thanks I didnt know you could test ram like that. I didnt really word my question right, I meant is it possible that my ram is causing my fps to drop. My gpu and cpu usage both stay in the 90s when playing cod which I think means it's not bottlenecking. It just kinda bothers me that I keep reading things about my 1060 saying it can run games way better than what I'm seeing. The best I could do was 80fps on cod but I had to overclock it the highest it could go without crashing. I'm currently using a 60hz monitor and I wanted to get a 144hz one for gta and games with lower requirements but i think i read the 1060 can only do 85hz through the display port. Do you think that sounds right?

PrinceTexasLoaf

Respectable
Sep 28, 2018
Thanks I didnt know you could test ram like that. I didnt really word my question right, I meant is it possible that my ram is causing my fps to drop. My gpu and cpu usage both stay in the 90s when playing cod which I think means it's not bottlenecking. It just kinda bothers me that I keep reading things about my 1060 saying it can run games way better than what I'm seeing. The best I could do was 80fps on cod but I had to overclock it the highest it could go without crashing. I'm currently using a 60hz monitor and I wanted to get a 144hz one for gta and games with lower requirements but i think i read the 1060 can only do 85hz through the display port. Do you think that sounds right?
The 1060 can handle 1440p @144hz on the display port.

Reactions: sodium.in.toilet

PrinceTexasLoaf

Respectable
Sep 28, 2018
Are you sure It's just how your in-game settings are? cpu and gpu usage in the 90's while gaming is quite normal. It could even be whatever resolution you're running at compared to them. They could even have a better cpu. If you want you can benchmark your ram through pass mark or userbenchmark etc to see your ram performance. It'd be nice to have a ram benchmark that actually benchmarks your ram and shows a graph of the performance over time during the test so you can see if it gets slower over time etc but I've never seen software like that.

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
Using 1080p other people seem to get higher fps with similar graphics settings using the same gpu. As for the cpu I have no idea. I just overclocked my cpu from 4.5 to 5.0ghz so I'll see how it does.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS