Jan 14, 2022
Hi all!

I recently had to get a new motherboard and reused my previous parts. I noticed that the PC will only POST (might use this term wrongly, what I mean that everything lights up, fans are spinning, but I don't even get to the BIOS screen) if I have memories in channel A. I originally have 2 memory sticks and it worked in my previous build. I also tested only using one of them and swapping them out to make sure it's not the RAM's fault. But as soon as I put it (even if only 1 stick) to either channel B I get the same problem.

I did some searching found out not long ago that the RAM that I own is not on the compatible list for my motherboard, but I feel like it shouldn't cause these problems.
The BIOS is updated.
If I take out the CPU is there a way to check if something is wrong with it, or its a faulty motherboard?
I just hope it's not my CPU because I can't replace it...

Also would it cause any 'trouble' to use my PC as is and put both memory sticks in to channel A1 and A2?

Specs:
Mobo: Asus TUF GAMING B450 PLUS II
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: HyperX 16GB(2*8GB) Fury DDR4 3200MHz CL16 KIT HX432C16FB3K2/16

Solution
You would check for bent cpu pins. A2/B2 are the primaries and need these slots operational for dual channel and also less complications getting xmp to run so wouldn't settle for A1 A2.

Check cpu pins and don't have cooler on super tight, this can also affect cpu. Just like finger strength until screw stops then half turn more screw driver strength.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You would check for bent cpu pins. A2/B2 are the primaries and need these slots operational for dual channel and also less complications getting xmp to run so wouldn't settle for A1 A2.

Check cpu pins and don't have cooler on super tight, this can also affect cpu. Just like finger strength until screw stops then half turn more screw driver strength.

Solution