RAM CL (latency) question

Solution
JDEC is just a standard for DDR4. XMP is a speed and timings profile put on ram by the manufacturer based on the minimum speeds and loosest timings the manufacturer thinks will work stable with each stick in a batch. It is technically overclocking if you classify overclocking as anything beyond the set standard for a piece of hardware. Your particular kit may be able to run tighter timings than what the XMP profile applies, only way to know for sure is to try it.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I think that board can go up to 2400mhz, most H series boards can.

Give it a shot, 2133 CL14-14-14 should be no problem for a halfway decent ram kit, you could probably get the timings lower than that if want. Do some testing, you wont hurt anything playing around with the timings. If your system fails to boot, just hard reset it and it will go into safe POST mode and automatically bring you back into the bios so you can change the timings back to something that will boot. But like I said I believe that board will support 2400mhz speeds.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
JDEC is just a standard for DDR4. XMP is a speed and timings profile put on ram by the manufacturer based on the minimum speeds and loosest timings the manufacturer thinks will work stable with each stick in a batch. It is technically overclocking if you classify overclocking as anything beyond the set standard for a piece of hardware. Your particular kit may be able to run tighter timings than what the XMP profile applies, only way to know for sure is to try it.

Solution

Latest posts