Question Ram compabilty issue?

Feb 24, 2019
Hi, I recently build a new PC. After a few days it won't boot and on mobo appears the debug code 3F along with 3 long beeps, followed by a B0. I tried restarted it a few times and it worked fine. Now it doesn't boot, it stays on with the code B0 forever. I read that it is a memory problem, so I tried by removing them, changing the order, booting with no ram at all, booting without everything else but a ram, restarting the cmos, etc. Can it be a compatibility problem?
If that so, why it worked fine the first days?
Specs:
Ryzen 7 2700
Msi x470 m7 ac
2x16gb corsair vengeance rgb 3000
Msi gtx 970
M2 corsair mp510 240gb
WD green 2tb
WD green 3tb
Seasonic focus 750w gold
Corsair h60 watercooler

compprob237

Distinguished
Hi, I recently build a new PC. After a few days it won't boot and on mobo appears the debug code 3F along with 3 long beeps, followed by a B0. I tried restarted it a few times and it worked fine. Now it doesn't boot, it stays on with the code B0 forever. I read that it is a memory problem, so I tried by removing them, changing the order, booting with no ram at all, booting without everything else but a ram, restarting the cmos, etc. Can it be a compatibility problem?
If that so, why it worked fine the first days?
Specs:
Ryzen 7 2700
Msi x470 m7 ac
2x16gb corsair vengeance rgb 3000
Msi gtx 970
M2 corsair mp510 240gb
WD green 2tb
WD green 3tb
Seasonic focus 750w gold
Corsair h60 watercooler
If it wasn't compatible then it wouldn't have ever worked.
Going by the manual for your motherboard:
"If 3 long beeps are heard, remove all memory modules and try to install only one memory module in the DIMMA2 slot first and then restart the computer"
Sounds like it's an issue with the RAM. You might have a dead stick on your hands. If that lone stick boots up fine then swap the sticks to see if the other one works too.

Feb 24, 2019
Tried it, didn't work. I also tried by placing each one in each slot. I'll try to found someone else where i can test the ram. Hopefully they'll be broken, otherwise I'll have to buy another ones
Thank you!

compprob237

Distinguished
Tried it, didn't work. I also tried by placing each one in each slot. I'll try to found someone else where i can test the ram. Hopefully they'll be broken, otherwise I'll have to buy another ones
Thank you!
Hm, trying the RAM in another computer should be a great way to find out if they're bad. If they are then most manufacturers, Corsair being one of them, offer lifetime warranties. Just contact their RMA department and get started there.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/warranty <- Make sure to chose your country as this may be different for you.
Scrolling down in that article you will find a link to their support for RMA:

"CORSAIR WARRANTY PERIODS
Effective April 8, 2016, the following warranty periods apply:

DRAM MODULES
All DRAM memory modules have a lifetime warranty"

Feb 24, 2019
So today i went to see a friend and test my rams. Turn out they are good. His system booted with no problem (with both modules). So i borrow his ram (crucial ballistix 8gb 2400) and tested it in my mobo (in DIMMA2 slot). My system booted normally. So i added one of my corsair modules to the DIMMB2 slot, and it booted ok. But when i took out the crusial and placed the prior tested corsair ram into DIMMA2, it doesn't work. Now appears the debug code FA and it restart automatically after some seconds.
I have no idea what's going on

Feb 24, 2019
Yes it is.
Tried removing the battery, didn't work. I will comunicate with corsair to see if they can give me at least an answer of what is going on; otherwise i think i will go to a tech support