RAM compatability for Laptop Dell Inspiron N5010

Kevin871

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014
Hi there,
I have been searching the web endlessly trying to understand if the RAM by Kingston:

KVR16N11/4
4GB PC3-12800 CL11 240-PIN DIMM

Would be compatible with my Inspiron laptop N5010.

In terms of all specs, everything seems to be supported EXCEPT that all other RAMs for this laptop (from all brands) have 204 pins. The seller of the store claims that 240 pins is compatible with this laptop, but I wanted to make sure that it really is. Does anyone know if this RAM I specified will be compatible?
Thank you in advance

Another way to verify the memory capability is to go to "support.dell.com" and enter your Service Tag number. Then download the User's Manual, and other documents as necessary. Look under "Memory" and the capabilities and types will be clearly stated.

Kevin871

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply!
I have checked both the RAM specs in the "Crucial" website and under Dell's support with the service tag, both don't say anything specifically regarding the PINS.

Under Crucial it says:

Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-12800, DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-14900, DDR3 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 8GB
Slots: 2

And under Dell's Manual specifications it says:

Memory Module Connector: two user accessible SODIMM connectors
Memory Type: SODIMM DDR3
Operating Frequency (i3): 1067 Mhz

Therefore the Kingston RAM is capable in terms of the memory type and and PC3, but I have still no information regarding the number of pins and whether it HAS to be exactly 204, or if I could use the RAM with 240 pins on this laptop ?

TRENDING THREADS