[SOLVED] RAM compatability issue BSOD

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
So mt pc started getting BSODs so after trying a new psu and selling my old mobo and buying a new one my pc still gets blue screens every 5min. So it must be the ram since its basically the only thing i didnt change besides cpu and vga.
So specs: Cpu ryzen 2700x
Mb msi b450 pro carbon max wifi
ram corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3000mhz CL15
I never knew about QVL when i bought this ram and i also ran it at 3000mhz on my old mobo which didnt support 3000mhz only 3200 and below. So now i need a new ram kit PROBLEM IS:

ON THE MSI QVL LIST THE ONLY COMPATIBLE G.SKILL RAM MODULES ARE CL14 AND ON THE G.SKILL SITE THOSE MODULES DONT LIST COMPATIBLE WITH B450 CHIPSET AT ALL AND THE MODULES G.SKILL SITES RECOMMENDE ARE CL16 AND NOT COMPATIBLE ON THE MSI QVL LisT.

So who should i trust? I also should mention my motherboard is not quite listed on G. skill site, there is msi b450 pro carbon AC but not my mb msi b450 pro carbon MAX wifi. I chose g.skill because everyone says its the best but since i cant figure out whats compatible or not because their list is so bad that it is the complete opposite of the QVL lisf ill just go with hyperx fury since that is compatible on every list and for me hyperx has always been trustworthy

Last edited:
Solution
qvl list shows parts tested
if its not listed, it doesnt mean it wont work, it just means it wasnt tested
so, better trust msi if gskill never tested your mainboard