RAM compatibility 3200 vs 3000

Esenbek

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
I have 4 sticks of Corsair Dominator 3200 mhz total 64gb and 2 stick of Corsair Dominator 3000 mhz 32 total gb, can I install them in one PC? and just run the whole setup as 3000mhz RAM ?

Solution
It is never wise to mix RAM. many differences between the sticks could cause issue. RAM with the same model number may not work together. I suggest replacing the RAM with larger units/matched pairs.
That being said, it will either work or be really unstable. you can try, install the RAM and then run the RAM through memtest86 for a pass or two. if memtest86 finishes okay you should be good. I would not trust the PC to do work until the RAM has tested good.
memtest is usually found on any boot-able linux distribution.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
It is never wise to mix RAM. many differences between the sticks could cause issue. RAM with the same model number may not work together. I suggest replacing the RAM with larger units/matched pairs.
That being said, it will either work or be really unstable. you can try, install the RAM and then run the RAM through memtest86 for a pass or two. if memtest86 finishes okay you should be good. I would not trust the PC to do work until the RAM has tested good.
memtest is usually found on any boot-able linux distribution.

Solution