Question RAM Compatibility Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz w/ ASUS Rampage V Extreme

Aug 13, 2019
Hello everyone!

Today I finally received my new RAM (see title) and was exited to try it out.

Sadly after installing the new memory my mainboard did not complete POST and always showed Error Code 53 (Incompatible Memory). I've tried only putting in one stick but sadly the same thing happens.

Now my question: Can anyone confirm that this RAM is in fact not compatible with my mainboard? Is it maybe just the speed?

I don't want to sent it back just to find out that there's something I could have done to get it to work.

Thanks to anyone in advance for your time!

Aug 13, 2019
Go to the manufacturer's web site and open the memory Qualified Vendor List, it will tell you which memory is guaranteed to work.
Thanks for your reply. I've already checked the list, it's not on there although this does not mean it won't work. The mainboard manual says this regarding memory compatibility: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/868577/Asus-Rampage-V-Extreme.html?page=10#manual
I don't see 3200 in there so I guess not compatible or does this refer to something else?

Aug 13, 2019
Yeah I feel kinda dumb for not thinking about that before posting here. Now I only need to get the XMP Profile to run and everything is fine :)

In know this is not the right thread for this but for anyone with the same MB / RAM combo, make sure to enable SPD Writing in your BIOS (Extreme Tweaker\DRAM Timings). This will make the Memory show up in Corsair iCue.