[SOLVED] RAM COMPATIBILITY + DUAL CHANNEL QUESTION

Jan 18, 2021
heeey guys!!! i have bought a single stick ram ( crucial ballistix 16gb 3600Mhz (BL16G36C16U4B.M8FE1 ) , BY SINGLE STICK I MEAN ITS NOT A KIT , and i wanna ask if anyone knows FIRSTLY 1) if i buy again the EXACT same single stick ram model will i be able to dual channel them?????? my mobo is B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI... my ram is SINGLE RANK... --------> BL16G36C16U4B.M8FE1

PS : the msi mobo datasheet on the site has only tested the DUAL RANK variant of the ram BL16G36C16U4B.M16FE1 , and im not sure if the single one i got can possibly get this to work.... both because its not tested AND cuz i havent bought them in kit but seperately in different times... will be dual channel and xmp profile ,so both can work in 3600mhz possible? thanks a lot

Solution
but i mean how much differs a KIT with two EXACT same rams??
Its a matter of small things and settings in the ram stick,if they are the same model,but not in a kit.
Ram sticks that are in a kit,are tested together,with their advertised speeds,and packed up in a box and listed as sticks that are working together.
Thats why you have the maximum chance of more ram sticks working together.
Mixed ram,even thought its the same model,hasnt been gone through testing together,so thats why its not confirmed they will work together.
You will get dual channel only if the sticks work together,obviously.
Since you did not buy it as a kit,your best chances of it working together is to buy the exact same stick,with the same model number.
And if it works,you should be able to have 3600mhz on both sticks.
If a ram is not tested on a motherboard,it doesnt mean it wont work.

but i mean how much differs a KIT with two EXACT same rams??
Its a matter of small things and settings in the ram stick,if they are the same model,but not in a kit.
Ram sticks that are in a kit,are tested together,with their advertised speeds,and packed up in a box and listed as sticks that are working together.
Mixed ram,even thought its the same model,hasnt been gone through testing together,so thats why its not confirmed they will work together.

Solution
Jan 18, 2021
yeah okk i get it.... thanks a lot anyways. im gonna risk it and buy the exact same one and ..... we gonna see.

what frightens me the most is not being able to be detected from mobo as dual channel since they are not tested from mobo maneufacter ...

Dec 26, 2020
heeey guys!!! i have bought a single stick ram ( crucial ballistix 16gb 3600Mhz (BL16G36C16U4B.M8FE1 ) , BY SINGLE STICK I MEAN ITS NOT A KIT , and i wanna ask if anyone knows FIRSTLY 1) if i buy again the EXACT same single stick ram model will i be able to dual channel them?????? my mobo is B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI... my ram is SINGLE RANK... --------> BL16G36C16U4B.M8FE1

PS : the msi mobo datasheet on the site has only tested the DUAL RANK variant of the ram BL16G36C16U4B.M16FE1 , and im not sure if the single one i got can possibly get this to work.... both because its not tested AND cuz i havent bought them in kit but seperately in different times... will be dual channel and xmp profile ,so both can work in 3600mhz possible? thanks a lot
Just to let you know i have 2 kits of one memory ( i mean it is not a 2 x memory kit) but exact the same memory and they do work in dual channel at their advertised speed. They aren´t even in the qvl list of my mobo. Memorys are from Corsair

Reactions: Dj0gany
Jan 18, 2021
Just to let you know i have 2 kits of one memory ( i mean it is not a 2 x memory kit) but exact the same memory and they do work in dual channel at their advertised speed. They aren´t even in the qvl list of my mobo. Memorys are from Corsair
u mean two separataly bought rams? but exact same product number etc