[SOLVED] RAM Compatibility help!

Aug 8, 2020
Hello! Thank you for clicking into my post!

Context: I have a Gaming Notebook (Nitro 5 AN515-52-732M). It comes with 8GB 2400MHz CL17. My laptop has a dual RAM slot and I would like to make use of the Dual-Channeling for RAM. Hence, I was considering to upgrade it with another 8GB RAM while making use of the dual-channel.

I found this Kingston HyperX 8GB RAM 2666MHz CL15 HX426S15IB2/8 which also have the same Form Factor of SODIMM as my already-installed RAM. I chose the 2666MHz RAM as there are sales for it which made it cheaper than the same series but 2400MHz RAM. I understand that the frequency for HyperX would be underclocked to 2400MHz and have CL17 instead of CL 15.

Questions: As such, I would like to ask: If I were to buy and install the Kingston HyperX RAM, would it even be compatible with my current RAM? How much would the Dual-Channeling be affected? Or, as a whole, do you’ve other recommendations for other RAM I can purchase that is compatible?

Here's the Kingston HyperX RAM link: https://www.lazada.sg/products/king...ll&laz_token=f8086049d72024777b165756ae226fc1

Thank you so much for reading!! I would really really appreciate it!

Solution
When upgrading rams, either buy the same stick of ram that you currently have to run in dual channel or buy a dual channel kit in order to avoid hair pulling(from troubleshooting and returns).

They should be treated like buying a pair of shoes when you loose a shoe from that pair, you have to buy the pair again.

What stick of ram are you working with, at the moment? Prior to looking at any ram kit, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop. Also, you should pick a DDR4-2666MHz ram kit.

Lutfij

Titan
When upgrading rams, either buy the same stick of ram that you currently have to run in dual channel or buy a dual channel kit in order to avoid hair pulling(from troubleshooting and returns).

They should be treated like buying a pair of shoes when you loose a shoe from that pair, you have to buy the pair again.

What stick of ram are you working with, at the moment? Prior to looking at any ram kit, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop. Also, you should pick a DDR4-2666MHz ram kit.

Solution
Aug 8, 2020
Thank you so much for your detailed response!
I didnt buy the dual kit becuz i wouldnt know what to do with my current ram stick haha.
Oh and Im not sure which one to buy yet hahah but the RAM stick that I have now is 8GB 2400MHz CL17