[SOLVED] RAM compatibility with MOBO and CPU

adamkk

Commendable
Mar 12, 2018
Hi, I would like to upgrade my RAM from 16GB to 64GB. Below is my current PC build (minus some extra drives) and RAM that I'm considering. PC Part Picker seams to say they are compatible. MOBO QVL list don't have this RAM on the list, but RAM manufacturer have my MOBO on their QVL list for this RAM.

Alternatively would you consider a different one. Preferably without breaking the bank. Also once available I will be upgrading GPU to RTX 3060 Ti, but who knows when will this happen.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£255.59 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 64.95 CFM CPU Cooler (£69.98 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Asus TUF Z390-PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£198.37 @ Newegg UK)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 Memory (£63.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£73.97 @ BT Shop)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB ARMOR Video Card
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit (£166.50 @ Newegg UK)

Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-04 00:55 GMT+0000

New RAM - F4-3200C16D-64GVK Ripjaws V DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V 64GB (2x32GB)

Thanks!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

So long as you're not mixing and matching the sticks of ram and that you're picking up a DDR4 ram kit, you will be good to go. Please make sure that your motherboard BIOS is on the latest version before dropping in the new sticks of ram.

On the matter of QVL's, it's just a way for the manufacturer of the board to tell you that they tested a particular kit of ram in their factory/lab. If they were to test every ram there was on the planet, then you wouldn't see release of the board to the masses. So long as you have DDR4 sticks of ram and they conform to the slots on the board, you're fine.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

So long as you're not mixing and matching the sticks of ram and that you're picking up a DDR4 ram kit, you will be good to go. Please make sure that your motherboard BIOS is on the latest version before dropping in the new sticks of ram.

On the matter of QVL's, it's just a way for the manufacturer of the board to tell you that they tested a particular kit of ram in their factory/lab. If they were to test every ram there was on the planet, then you wouldn't see release of the board to the masses. So long as you have DDR4 sticks of ram and they conform to the slots on the board, you're fine.

Solution