Question RAM Compatibility

Punkster217

Honorable
Mar 8, 2014
I have an ASUS Prime X470-Pro motherboard, and I was wondering if I could use this RAM, it’s the G Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW. Now I looked up the compatibility list for this motherboard and it’s not there, but should I worry? Or will it most likely work just fine?

What cpu are you going to pair this with? With ryzen 2000, the need for specific ram kits has mostly disappeared.

Even if that ram isnt on the qvl of your motherboard, it likely will work without a hitch. 3200 gskil ram seems to work pretty well with ryzen.

Newer motherboards, bios revisions, and ryzen 2000 cpus have greatly increased memory compatability.
I would still prefer to buy ram on your motherboard qvl if possible, but unsupported ram should not have an issue.
I would wait till get your parts and test them using the ram you ordered. If it doesnt work, maybe the ram could be an issue.

Punkster217

Honorable
Mar 8, 2014
Newer motherboards, bios revisions, and ryzen 2000 cpus have greatly increased memory compatability.
I would still prefer to buy ram on your motherboard qvl if possible, but unsupported ram should not have an issue.
I would wait till get your parts and test them using the ram you ordered. If it doesnt work, maybe the ram could be an issue.
If the system boots up with no problem, should I be fine? Or could it potentially be a problem in the future?

TRENDING THREADS