Question Ram Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackalishah

Commendable
Dec 23, 2019
Hi,
I have DDR3 1600 10-10-10-27 i want to add another ram but the only available is 11-11-11-28 so does it will work?
my pc spec i7 4790 gigabyte GA-H97 D3H

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hi,
I have DDR3 1600 10-10-10-27 i want to add another ram but the only available is 11-11-11-28 so does it will work?
my pc spec i7 4790 gigabyte GA-H97 D3H

Hi @zachalishah

You could, but there may be issues. See, the general rule of thumb is that it's never a good idea to mix n' match RAM. Even when you are on a budget.

How much RAM do you currently have? Whether you have 8, 16, 32 & beyond, you'd have the best performance if you bought a matching set. (2x4GB, 2x8GB etc.)

Give us a realistic budget of what you can spend RIGHT NOW and a general idea of your location and we'll give you a few ideas. :)

Reactions: zackalishah
As said above, maybe.

Mixing ram is not advisable as there can be stability or no boot issues when mixed ram is used. I have also seen mixed ram with different timings work 100% correctly.

Not real way to know for sure, so I would advice you to buy a new kit or another identical stick.

Reactions: zackalishah

zackalishah

Commendable
Dec 23, 2019
Hi @zachalishah

You could, but there may be issues. See, the general rule of thumb is that it's never a good idea to mix n' match RAM. Even when you are on a budget.

How much RAM do you currently have? Whether you have 8, 16, 32 & beyond, you'd have the best performance if you bought a matching set. (2x4GB, 2x8GB etc.)

Give us a realistic budget of what you can spend RIGHT NOW and a general idea of your location and we'll give you a few ideas. :)
i have1 x 8gb ram i live in india the only option is to add 2x 8gb ddr3 1600 mhz 11-11-11-28 1.5v
the ram which i current have is same but this latency 10-10-10-27

zackalishah

Commendable
Dec 23, 2019
As said above, maybe.

Mixing ram is not advisable as there can be stability or no boot issues when mixed ram is used. I have also seen mixed ram with different timings work 100% correctly.

Not real way to know for sure, so I would advice you to buy a new kit or another identical stick.
Hi,
I've have found the matching pair of ram now i have 1 more question can i add 2 more rams i have 4 slot 2 black & 2 grey & already installed 1 in 1st black slot & now i want to add 2 more that means i have to add 2 ram in black spot & 1 ram in grey slot? Does it will work? stupid me already orderd 2 ram but i can cancel if it won't work plz its urgent.

Status
Not open for further replies.