[SOLVED] RAM Compatibility

So I just got Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz RAM for my B450M-Bazooka. I expected it to work thinking it's corsair but after taking it out I realised that the Mobo's Ram Compatibility page doesn't have the RAM in it. The RAM serial numbers wont match.
Furthermore my GPU fan is not spinning and it's giving me no display. There's a small led above the PCIE Connector showing that it does get the power from the PSU and I've reseated it a couple times but it doesn't work, is this because of the incompatible ram?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The motherboard compatibility pages are a guideline more than anything. If you think about it, MB manufacturers simply cannot test every RAM module with how quickly new models and lines get released so the compatibility is pretty much usually guaranteed to be out of date or not inclusive of everything.

It NOT being on the list doesn't often mean that it is NOT compatible, just that it hasn't been tested. The best place to go is the RAM manufacturers website.

However there is often no reason why most Corsair RAM won't work with any mainstream motherboard. So to be sure I'd cover absolutely every single step in this guide first:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/

So I just got Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz RAM for my B450M-Bazooka. I expected it to work thinking it's corsair but after taking it out I realised that the Mobo's Ram Compatibility page doesn't have the RAM in it. The RAM serial numbers wont match.
Furthermore my GPU fan is not spinning and it's giving me no display. There's a small led above the PCIE Connector showing that it does get the power from the PSU and I've reseated it a couple times but it doesn't work, is this because of the incompatible ram?
A memory that is not in the motherboard QVL does not mean that it wont work but its not guarantee either. Wost case it will probably not run at its rated speed. There are 4 debug leds on your motherboard CPU/VGA/DRAM/BOOT. Witch one is on?

What is your full system spec including PSU make and model?

After you post that, do cover everything in the guide I posted above (here) as it will cover most problems.
I've tried everything except the CMOS Battery reset. My mobo came without a CMOS battery since it was opened to update the BIOS, I just realised this and will probably ask the shop to give it to me but I doubt this is the main issue? or does missing CMOS battery not let you boot to bios?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I've tried everything except the CMOS Battery reset. My mobo came without a CMOS battery since it was opened to update the BIOS, I just realised this and will probably ask the shop to give it to me but I doubt this is the main issue? or does missing CMOS battery not let you boot to bios?
Very unusual for you to not have a CMOS battery and could well be the reason why it's not booting.
Motherboards can and used to boot without a battery, but I'm sure there are plenty that might not boot at all without one.

Very unusual for you to not have a CMOS battery and could well be the reason why it's not booting.
Motherboards can and used to boot without a battery, but I'm sure there are plenty that might not boot at all without one.
I decided to take it to the shop I got most of my parts from and let them have at it. This is my first time building my own PC and I bought it from m the money I made by working. I thought that since it's my money, even if I mess up or blow it up I would be the one losing money so it was worth it to maybe learn how to build a PC. After spending like hours of just troubleshooting this after building it I don't see the worth lmao.

Have you ensured you have the latest BIOS? You need at least BIOS 7A38vH7 in order to run the 3600 on that B450M board. Do you know if it shipped with a newer BIOS?

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-BAZOOKA#support-cpu
Someone in the shop apparently packed the motherboard thinking the bios was already updated while it wasn't. Someone probably took the CMOS out to reset the bios or something which is why it was missing.
In the end the problem was the BIOS. I took their word for it and it ended up being outdated lmao. THANKS FOR THE HELP !

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Someone in the shop apparently packed the motherboard thinking the bios was already updated while it wasn't. Someone probably took the CMOS out to reset the bios or something which is why it was missing.
In the end the problem was the BIOS. I took their word for it and it ended up being outdated lmao. THANKS FOR THE HELP !
It happens - glad you got it sorted my friend!

Reactions: Tioym