[SOLVED] Ram compatibility

therealityreaper

Commendable
Jan 11, 2019
Hi there I have a ryzen 5 1600
MSI b450 gaming plus Max
RX 580
PNY XLR8 DDR4 3200 MEGAHERTZ 2 * 8 GB
so this is a new computer it is my first time building one but the dram light on the motherboard lit up at startup and there was no display all the fan started spinning normally I think my ram might not be compatible but I'm not too sure anything will help and I have tried doing a CMOS reset and switching the two RAM sticks out for each other and all sorts of configurations so I'm not sure if it's a ram issue or something else

Solution
What video port do you have your video able plugged into? Double-check to make sure you're video cable is plugged into a video port attached to your RX 580, if it's plugged into a port coming from your motherboard, then that's the issue. I don't think it's your RAM, but to be sure after you checked what I wrote above, try booting with only 1 stick of RAM first. If everything works, then put in the other stick and test again.
What video port do you have your video able plugged into? Double-check to make sure you're video cable is plugged into a video port attached to your RX 580, if it's plugged into a port coming from your motherboard, then that's the issue. I don't think it's your RAM, but to be sure after you checked what I wrote above, try booting with only 1 stick of RAM first. If everything works, then put in the other stick and test again.

Solution