[SOLVED] RAM compatibility

May 8, 2021
I plan on upgrading the majority of my system relatively soon.
Currently I have a B150M-Bazooka motherboard with an i7-7700 CPU and XPG Adata Z1 16GB 2133mhz RAM.
I am hoping on upgrading to a B550-F Gaming motherboard with a Ryzen 9 5900x and Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 mhz (4x8GB) RAM and a TX850m power supply, as well as a Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler.
I plan to get it all at once, but I have the money to buy the RAM immediately, would it be compatible with my current motherboard and processor if I switch the RAM now? As well as this are all of the components in general compatible? Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Solution
Currently I have a B150M-Bazooka motherboard with an i7-7700 CPU and XPG Adata Z1 16GB 2133mhz RAM.
I am hoping on upgrading to a B550-F Gaming motherboard with a Ryzen 9 5900x and Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 mhz (4x8GB) RAM and a TX850m power supply, as well as a Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler.
I plan to get it all at once, but I have the money to buy the RAM immediately, would it be compatible with my current motherboard and processor if I switch the RAM now? As well as this are all of the components in general compatible? Any help at all would be much appreciated.
All DDR4 RAM starts with 2133MHz (which is maximum for your present system) so you can use even...
All DDR4 RAM starts with 2133MHz (which is maximum for your present system) so you can use even 3600MHz (Xmp) memory until you switch to next one. One word of advice though, get 2x16GB instead, 4 sticks is difficult to make run at full speed (over 3000MHz) with all Ryzen before 5000 (Zen3) series.

Solution
If your changing Motherboards then choose your RAM from the Motherboard manufacturers QVL and that way you know they have been tested and known to work with your board.
Ryzen infinity fabric is picky with OC RAM and best combo kit is (2x8) 3200MHz C14 using Samsung B-Die chips.