[SOLVED] Ram Compatibility

Jul 27, 2021
Hi Guys i am new here,

I recently bought a laptop Asus Rog Strix G512Li and it had 1 8gb ram pre installed.

I bought another ram from amazon that was 8 GB Crucial 3200Mhz CL 22 ram.

When i installed this ram into my laptop i found out that the existing ram was SK Hynix R8x1 3200 Mhz Ram CL 22.

My Laptop seems to work fine and detected 16GB Ram and its running at 2933 Mhz since my 10300H processors max speed is 2933Mhz.

Should I return and get the same ram from SK hynix or this Crucial is fine for the PC to run ?? Please Lend me your support cause i am not so experienced in the PC or gaming fields.

Solution
If it works fine, then it works fine. Since sticks are different there was a chance they will not work together, but you were lucky enough to dodge that problem as it seems so no need to worry.
Hi Guys i am new here,

I recently bought a laptop Asus Rog Strix G512Li and it had 1 8gb ram pre installed.

I bought another ram from amazon that was 8 GB Crucial 3200Mhz CL 22 ram.

When i installed this ram into my laptop i found out that the existing ram was SK Hynix R8x1 3200 Mhz Ram CL 22.

My Laptop seems to work fine and detected 16GB Ram and its running at 2933 Mhz since my 10300H processors max speed is 2933Mhz.

Should I return and get the same ram from SK hynix or this Crucial is fine for the PC to run ?? Please Lend me your support cause i am not so experienced in the PC or gaming fields.

Hey there,

No, if it's working fine, there's nothing to worry about. Laptops are much more forgiving than desktop mobo's for mixing ram.

Jul 27, 2021
hey guys I just Finished my test it took around 2:20 hours and it came out as a pass and also it seems the SK Hynix is Rank 1 with 16 banks and Crucial is Rank 2 with same 16 banks that's the difference in saw when I went deep into the ram speed option in the interface other than that there were no errors of any sorts I believe I got the original ram which is compatible without any issues thanks for the support guys :)

PS: I tried to attach imgur links for the test report SS but it showed error occurred.

Reactions: DRagor