[SOLVED] Ram Compatibility

Oct 11, 2021
Had a question regarding ram compatibility. First PC build so wouldn't be surprised if its an error on my end. So here are my PC components:
Motherboard: Z590 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0)
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z590-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10#kf
Processor: Intel - Core i7-11700K 11th Generation
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/intel-...ked-desktop-processor/6452221.p?skuId=6452221
Ram: CORSAIR - VENGEANCE LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V Desktop Memory

GPU: Power Color 6700xt
https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1612507759

So PC boots and everything fine. But I do get a Q code that isnt in my manual that says "25". Based on people on the internet this is somehow or possibly related to ram. Also the part that bugging is when I go to overclock in the gigabyte app store, the xmp profile is disabled. Its available in the bios menus but doesn't do anything.
Appreciate the help!
Screenshot%202021-10-11%20220920.png
Screenshot%202021-10-11%20161220.png

Solution
Thank for the reply.
Yes Ram sticks are in the right slots according to the manual the nice diagram they have etched into it.
IMG_1189.HEIC

I should also note, I went on to the motherboard compatibility list earlier and its not listed as compatible. The Corsair states this ram is able to be overclocked and is XMP capable. Is it possible my ram is compatible enough to run but not to clock it? I also tried manually clocking...
even if that Q code is not listed, it can be deduced
0x10 – 0x2F = PEI execution up to and including memory detection
Pre-EFI Initialization (PEI) = memory initialization

your ram modules are placed in A2+B2 memory slots?
try reseat your ram sticks and check mainboard cpu pins if nothing is bent there

Reactions: Daniel1998
Oct 11, 2021
even if that Q code is not listed, it can be deduced
0x10 – 0x2F = PEI execution up to and including memory detection
Pre-EFI Initialization (PEI) = memory initialization

your ram modules are placed in A2+B2 memory slots?
try reseat your ram sticks and check mainboard cpu pins if nothing is bent there

Thank for the reply.
Yes Ram sticks are in the right slots according to the manual the nice diagram they have etched into it.
IMG_1189.HEIC

I should also note, I went on to the motherboard compatibility list earlier and its not listed as compatible. The Corsair states this ram is able to be overclocked and is XMP capable. Is it possible my ram is compatible enough to run but not to clock it? I also tried manually clocking it at 3400 from the gigabyte app store and it failed to boot upon restarting. I was prompted with a screen basically telling me it could but and gave me the option to reset to optimal default settings.

Endre

Reputable
Thank for the reply.
IMG_1189.HEIC

I should also note, I went on to the motherboard compatibility list earlier and its not listed as compatible. The Corsair states this ram is able to be overclocked and is XMP capable. Is it possible my ram is compatible enough to run but not to clock it? I also tried manually clocking it at 3400 from the gigabyte app store and it failed to boot upon restarting. I was prompted with a screen basically telling me it could but and gave me the option to reset to optimal default settings.

Hello!

Please check your BIOS version, and if there’s a newer one on the Gigabyte site, update your motherboard’s firmware to that one.
Choose the newest non-beta BIOS version (beta versions are having a letter at the end of their name).

If you’ll update the BIOS, don’t use any external tool!
Just format a USB flash drive as FAT32/ Copy the new BIOS version on it/ Restart the PC/ Press down the “End” key/ Update the BIOS following the instructions from the screen.

WARNINGS:
•Backup your data before proceeding!
•If the power goes out during the BIOS update, you might end up with a bricked motherboard!

I hope this helps...

Last edited:
Reactions: Daniel1998
Solution