[SOLVED] RAM Compatibility

Dec 2, 2021
Hello, i've bought 2 new memory sticks (8GBx3000Mhz Crucial Ballistix) to upgrade my pc, i already have Viper patriot 8GBx3000mhz aswell, but when i boot up my pc it freezes after some time and crashes, what configs should i setup on the BIOS to help this problem? My mobo is an ASUS PRIME Z270-A
Thanks!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're advised to not mix and match sticks of ram from the same brand, let alone from different brands. You should either return the stick you purchased and pick up an identical stick of ram as the one you were using or ditch both sticks of ram and invest in a dual channel ram kit. Speaking of which you should be looking into a DDR4-3200MHz or 3600MHz dual channel ram kit, assuming you own an i7 K suffix processor on your current platform.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're advised to not mix and match sticks of ram from the same brand, let alone from different brands. You should either return the stick you purchased and pick up an identical stick of ram as the one you were using or ditch both sticks of ram and invest in a dual channel ram kit. Speaking of which you should be looking into a DDR4-3200MHz or 3600MHz dual channel ram kit, assuming you own an i7 K suffix processor on your current platform.

Solution
Dec 2, 2021
ill keep that in mind when i upgrade/if i am able to return them , but i only bought those because my memory doesnt sell anymore, so i tried the same frequency and i am trying to make it work, but there are so many configs on the BIOS that i tought some combination would work

Do you have any issues if you attempt to run with ONLY the new RAM installed?

Are the old and new RAM identical in any way other than speed, such as timing or voltage? You can sometimes get away with different brands if the finer details are identical between brands, but it's a crapshoot to some extent. Trial and error. Hope.