[SOLVED] Ram compatibilty. g skill flare x 3200 cl14 with 8600k

May 17, 2020
Hi there! I have a z370-a pro MB with 8600k oc to 5gz. Im looking to get some good Ram for gaming. It has to be 2 slots only, as 1 og My ram slots are blocked by My cpu cooler. So looked at g skill flare x 3200 cl14, but then i read later on - after ordering Them 😅 - that they are specially made for ryzen systems. Still found a thread and a YouTube video of People using/testing thoose ram with 8600k. Can anyone tell me if its gonna run stable, or should i get some other ram instead perhaps? Kind regards Mikkel

Solution
Hi there! I have a z370-a pro MB with 8600k oc to 5gz. Im looking to get some good Ram for gaming. It has to be 2 slots only, as 1 og My ram slots are blocked by My cpu cooler. So looked at g skill flare x 3200 cl14, but then i read later on - after ordering Them 😅 - that they are specially made for ryzen systems. Still found a thread and a YouTube video of People using/testing thoose ram with 8600k. Can anyone tell me if its gonna run stable, or should i get some other ram instead perhaps? Kind regards Mikkel
That kit will probably be fine. What cooler do you have that blocks memory slots? If it's blocking the first two slots, you won't even able to run dual channel mode. At that point, I would just send the memory back or...
That kit will probably be fine. What cooler do you have that blocks memory slots? If it's blocking the first two slots, you won't even able to run dual channel mode. At that point, I would just send the memory back or cancel the order if it hasn't shipped yet and get something shorter with the same specs.

Solution
May 17, 2020
That kit will probably be fine. What cooler do you have that blocks memory slots? If it's blocking the first two slots, you won't even able to run dual channel mode. At that point, I would just send the memory back or cancel the order if it hasn't shipped yet and get something shorter with the same specs.
Hi, thanks for your reply!🙂 Its only slot 1 that is blocked. My cooler is noctua nhd15s.