RAM compatible with MSI Tomahawk B450 + Ryzen 5 2600

Sep 27, 2018
What memory stick (2 x 8gb) should I pair with Tomahawk B450 and Ryzen 5 2600. I have tight budget so please keep that in mind.

Solution
Personally, these are the least expensive modules I'd personally choose for that configuration.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($148.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $148.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-27 22:46 EDT-0400

But you can try your luck with a Ripjaws or Corsair module. Just make sure it's on the list I linked above or the motherboard QVL list. Ryzen is fairly finicky about memory.
Personally, these are the least expensive modules I'd personally choose for that configuration.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($148.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $148.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-27 22:46 EDT-0400

But you can try your luck with a Ripjaws or Corsair module. Just make sure it's on the list I linked above or the motherboard QVL list. Ryzen is fairly finicky about memory.

Solution
Those Trident Z modules will run on that platform, even though they are likely Hynix M die modules rather than Samsung B dies. The Trident Z series is high grade stuff. If you want more assurance, and likely even better performance with practically guaranteed compatibility, then look at the list of user submitted verified compatible with Ryzen model numbers I posted the link to in my first post and pick one, any brand, that uses Samsung B die ICs. The IC used for each part number is listed along with it's model number.

These here are probably the MOST proven module, at 3200mhz, to work with Ryzen without a LOT of configuration and tweaking out of the box. Some may still be necessary, it always is when trying to achieve speeds higher than 2600mhz with Ryzen, but these are good modules with about the highest speed Ryzen likes to play nice with without a lot of headaches and a very low latency of CL14. Keep in mind, the lower the latency, the faster the performance of any given memory module up to a certain extend at which instability just makes it pointless. CL14/3200mhz is pretty optimal for Ryzen.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8Mbkcf/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gtz

TRENDING THREADS